2017 Product Control Analyst
Looking for talented candidates to join our Product Control Analyst Programme immediately. Working within Product Control will allow you to develop in-depth product knowledge covering a wide range of products including Interest Rates, FX, Credit, Equity & Hybrids including vanilla & exotics portfolios. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Investment Banking. Please note we are hiring on a rolling basis for this role and would encourage candidates to submit their applications early
Who We Are
We are MUFG. With over 350 years of heritage and more than 140,000 employees in 40 countries, we’ve grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. We offer stability in an ever-changing market and provide services to high-profile clients across the globe. You’ll help us go further.
MUFG’s Securities business offers a comprehensive product suite to clients around the world through five key business lines in the primary and secondary markets: Capital Markets, Credit, Rates, Equities, and Structured Products. Our Group’s size gives us stability, yet we remain agile, entrepreneurial, and specialist. It’s a rare blend – one that defines our positive culture and allows us to offer a better balance in investment banking.
Global possibilities with an approachable and inclusive culture: it truly is a better balance in banking.
What to Expect
We are looking for talented candidates to join our Product Control Analyst Programme. This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career in Investment Banking. Product Control plays a key role in both supporting and controlling the revenue generating functions of the business and consists of two very technical teams: Line Product Control and Valuations Control.
The department’s key responsibilities include:
• P&L reporting, attribution & commentary
• Independent price verification
• Reserving methodologies, including provisions, valuation adjustments and prudential capital reserves
• Leading/Implementing key firm-wide valuation projects
• Ensuring the correct controls and processes are in place to manage new and existing products
Working within Product Control will provide you with the opportunity to work with employees from across the organisation including working closely with the Front Office Traders, Risk Management Teams & Operations to name a few. You will also have unique opportunity to develop in-depth product knowledge covering a wide range of products including Interest Rates, FX, Credit, Equity and Hybrids, including vanilla and exotics portfolios
Right from day one, you will be given real responsibilities and a real job to do. This is so that you get a good understanding of the role, the department and how it fits into the wider organisation. You will also be provided with:
• tailored training programmes
• early exposure and responsibility
• On-going mentoring & networking opportunities
• the opportunity to make valuable contributions from your very first day
We’re highly team-driven, but you’ll still find plenty of opportunity to shine as an individual. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will know who you are and will be happy to help with support when you need it. And you’ll enjoy an ongoing commitment to your development as you build a lasting and rewarding career with us.
Join Our Team
We look for talented, motivated and ambitious people who will be able to help drive our business forward.
Successful candidates will:
• Have recently completed their studies
• Have obtained a minimum 2:1, or be in line for a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) at undergraduate level
• have a true interest in Financial Services and Capital Markets
• Have excellent communication skills
• Have high levels of motivation and integrity
• Be innovative and have the ability to generate new and creative ideas
• Competent level of Excel, Visual Basic and Access;
• Excellent attention to detail
For more information about our opportunities, and how to apply please go to www.muscampus.com