The team’s key mandates can be summarized as follows:
1. Leverage PIMCO’s investment management infrastructure: Deploy PIMCO’s technology, views, and intellectual capital to help clients (CIOs, CEOs, Boards) with the macro issues of investment management, such as asset allocation and risk management.
2. Generate thought leadership: Build models and generate intellectual capital for PIMCO’s Solutions activities.
3. Deliver (and present) customized analyses to clients and prospects: Become a trusted investment advisor to help PIMCO win mandates across products and asset classes.
Career Development, Training and Mentoring
The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed as you start the Analyst program. Formal and informal training will continue throughout your time in the program, creating a rigorous learning environment. The objective is to provide you with a diverse learning experience across products and key disciplines within investment management. In addition, you will gain extensive exposure to industry experts within Client Solutions and Analytics as well as other functional teams across the firm. Mentoring is a critical component of your success; you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout the program.
Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
• Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Ethical, collaborative, organised, self-starter, accountable, flexibility to adapt in a changing environment
• Experience in Matlab, SQL and C++
• Proactive, well organized, high-energy self-starter who works well in a team
• Able to work effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel
• Please submit your CV and cover letter through pimco.com by 8th March 2019, reference number: 25357