2020 Advanced Execution Services (AES®) FX Off-Cycle Internship in London (6-month placement, March intake)
Our Off-Cycle Internship Program is a paid internship that runs for 6 months from June 2020, and is open to students requiring a 6-month placement as part of their degree, or 2019/20 graduates who are interested in gaining an insight into Global Markets. As an intern you will be working with the Foreign Exchange Algorithmic Trading desk (AES® FX) and integrated as a regular member of the group. Roles will be available in the field of Quantitative Analysis; please note any specific role preference in your cover letter.
The first week consists of hands-on training, and throughout the program interns receive ongoing training and support including formal learning, on-the-job practice, and mentoring.
The program offers opportunities to meet with senior managers, colleagues and peers at all levels across the bank. You will have the opportunity to gain insights into the bank and its culture, to and build a professional network.
Your managers will work with you on objectives, and on a review process. This provides structure to your placement and gives you an outline of placement requirements and goals. This practice also gives us a tangible framework for assessing you for a full-time position. The off-cycle internship is a core hiring channel for our full-time AES® FX Analyst class. Key Responsibilities:
• Primarily focus on intraday FX markets and that translates into improving execution algorithms.
• Further work may include execution venue profiling, liquidity selection, client-specific analysis and recommendations and producing external facing reports.
• Potential to collaborate on other projects such pre-trade modelling to facilitate trade estimations/recommendations, post-trade analytics as well the implementation of a machine learning framework for agency trading algorithms.
• Perform quantitative analysis and review of potential transactions - optimizations, back testings and scenario calculations.
• Support sales by assisting with the distribution of marketing materials and participating in product discussions with clients.
• Some technical development may be required but exact responsibilities will depend on you and your experience / expertise.