2020 Equity Derivatives Off-cycle program London (September intake)
About the Program
Our Off-Cycle Internship Program is a paid internship that runs for 6 months from September (date tbc) 2020, and is open to students requiring a 6-month placement as part of their degree, or 2019 graduates who are interested in gaining an insight into Global Markets. As an intern you will be working with the Equity Derivatives desks and integrated as a regular member of the group. Roles will be available in Trading, Structuring and Sales; please note any specific role preference in your cover letter .
The first week consists of hands-on training, and throughout the program interns receive ongoing training and support including formal learning, on-the-job practice, and mentoring.
The program offers opportunities to meet with senior managers, colleagues and peers at all levels across the bank. You will have the opportunity to gain insights into the bank and its culture, to and build a professional network.
Your managers will work with you on objectives, and on a review process. This provides structure to your placement and gives you an outline of placement requirements and goals. This practice also gives us a tangible framework for assessing you for a full-time position. The off-cycle internship is a core hiring channel for our full-time Equity Derivatives Analyst class.
Depending on the role, may include the following:
• Perform analysis, pricing and other associated activities in support of the creation and structuring equity derivative products in order to service a variety of clients across the institutional and retail client base
• Analysis and development of equity derivatives pricing models and assessment of fair value and profitability. Perform quantitative analysis and review of potential transactions - optimizations, back testings and scenario calculations.
• Analysis of trading book risk and P&L
• Assist with the coordination of new trades, documentation, execution of transactions and day-to-day management of trading books.
• Support sales by assisting with the distribution of marketing materials and participating in product discussions with clients. Assist in the preparation of product term sheets for distribution to clients.
• Monitor new business opportunities. Research and analyze regulatory implications (e.g., tax, accounting).