2021 Data Specialist - Environmental, Social, and Governance
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets.
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is increasingly crucial for our clients - providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis alone. Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital, and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify emerging risks and opportunities. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics, and proprietary scores. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs, and build relationships throughout the company, all while helping our clients integrate ESG risk and opportunity analysis into their workflows.
With ever increasing coverage and demand for timely ESG data, you will be responsible for managing priorities of different initiatives and for utilizing industry knowledge to help drive decisions and generate new dataset offerings. You will need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Maintain, improve and deliver accurate, high quality information for the Bloomberg Terminal
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Perform quality control to ensure data accuracy by inspecting Bloomberg data values and comparing them to source documents
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, Enterprise Solutions, and Bloomberg Law by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Procure content to support best-in-class coverage of the data set
- Codify market conventions and/or data relationships into business rules for data validation
- Perform incident management, from troubleshooting and root cause analysis to overall problem management
- Contribute to continuous improvement by generating ideas to improve the data products and/or associated processes
- Participate in ad hoc projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of the data set
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required
- Utilise subject-matter-expertise to set and maintain methodologies for data management
We'd love to see:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance or Economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly client management
- Strong interest in the ESG market and sustainable-related topics
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies
- Solid attention to detail and strong evidence of decision-making and problem solving skills
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
- Eagerness to learn and collaborate
- Interest in and aptitude for technology
- Stakeholder-focused mindset
- Ability to remain calm under pressure in a frequently changing environment
Does this sound like you?
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- A master's degree in Finance or Economics
- Project management skills and/or experience
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.