2022 Investment Bank (Markets) Equity Derivatives Off-cycle Internship Program in London (Spring intake)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer About the Program
Our Off-Cycle Internship Program is a paid internship that runs for 6 months in Spring 2022, and is open to students requiring a 6-month placement as part of their degree, or 2021 graduates who are interested in gaining an insight into Investment Banking Markets. As an intern you will be working with the Equity Derivatives desks and integrated as a regular member of the group. Roles will be available in Trading, Structuring and Sales; please note any specific role preference in your cover letter .
The first week consists of hands-on training, and throughout the program interns receive ongoing training and support including formal learning, on-the-job practice, and mentoring.
The program offers opportunities to meet with senior managers, colleagues and peers at all levels across the bank. You will have the opportunity to gain insights into the bank and its culture, to and build a professional network.
Your managers will work with you on objectives, and on a review process. This provides structure to your placement and gives you an outline of placement requirements and goals. This practice also gives us a tangible framework for assessing you for a full-time position. The off-cycle internship is a core hiring channel for our full-time Equity Derivatives Analyst class. Key Responsibilities
Depending on the role, may include the following:
- Perform analysis, pricing and other associated activities in support of the creation and structuring equity derivative products in order to service a variety of clients across the institutional and retail client base
- Analysis and development of equity derivatives pricing models and assessment of fair value and profitability. Perform quantitative analysis and review of potential transactions - optimizations, back testings and scenario calculations.
- Analysis of trading book risk and P&L
- Assist with the coordination of new trades, documentation, execution of transactions and day-to-day management of trading books.
- Support sales by assisting with the distribution of marketing materials and participating in product discussions with clients. Assist in the preparation of product term sheets for distribution to clients.
- Monitor new business opportunities. Research and analyze regulatory implications (e.g., tax, accounting)
Equal Opportunity Statement
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in a quantitative discipline or equivalent, graduating in 2021/22.
- Strong Equity Derivatives product knowledge.
- Understanding of structuring, risk and pricing.
- Ability to concisely summarize and explain information to others, including clients.
- Exhibits good organizational skills in the context of managing own activities and supporting those of relevant teams.
- Ability to analyze routine problems in a systematic manner using established quantitative processes and tools.
- Has positive attitude towards change; supports the application of new approaches. Accepts feedback and learning opportunities.
- Fully complies with the bank's code of conduct and all applicable laws, regulations and policies. Is diligent, disciplined and organized in her/his work: meets deadlines, strives for high quality, has complete documentation.
- Is responsive to clients' needs and colleagues' requests. Communicates clearly and uses concise explanations.
- Assumes accountability for tasks and results. Supports and helps when requested. Is an engaged team member and has a positive attitude towards team work.
- Has developed a sound knowledge base in areas of expertise. Effectively applies knowledge to deliver solutions that fit the purpose and are feasible. Identifies and understands the different aspects of a problem. Provides actionable, thought-out solutions to problems.
Credit Suisse is committed to a professional and inclusive work environment where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer.
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success