2022 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - Global Risk & Analysis (London)
Placement And Duration
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst. The Internship will be 12 months in duration, commencing early 2022.
The Risk Management Team within the Investment Management division is responsible for identifying, assessing, managing and monitoring risk across Investment Management and providing reporting and analysis for clients, regulators, Investment Management and Firm Management. Global Risk & Analysis is divided into three primary functions:
- Investment risk groups (Equity, Fixed Income, Alternatives and Cross-Asset) have responsibility for management of investment risk across their respective asset classes
- Operational risk identifies, assesses and monitors operational risk across Investment Management and works both with the investment teams and control functions to mitigate that risk
- Quantitative risk develops and validates models used for portfolio construction, valuation, and risk measurement across Investment Management
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
Responsibilities Interns will have the opportunity to develop and master the analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills they will need to succeed. Interns will learn to employ the skills fundamental to risk management for an asset management firm, including:
- Reading and interpreting regulatory requirements for new Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) framework
- Testing new risk metrics to comply with new regulations
- Reviewing methodologies employed to comply with new regulations
- Preparing reports for existing funds to comply with new requirements
- Assisting in monitoring, managing and reporting exposures at a counterpart, product and portfolio level
The Firm's organizational structure offers opportunities for collaboration with more experienced colleagues and interaction with senior professionals.
Qualifications and Requirements
- You are a high-calibre undergraduate student, majoring in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or other business-related majors
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to manage dynamic priorities
- Advanced analytical, quantitative, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and a team player
To apply for the Investment Management internship you need to be fluent in English and have a strong academic background. Fluency in another European language is an advantage.