2nd Line Service Desk Analyst
- Competitive with excellent benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jupiter Asset Management Ltd
- 13 Sep 18 2018-09-13
We are looking for an experienced 2nd Line Service Desk Analyst with financial services experience to provide IT technical support. Please note this role works on a shift pattern.
To provide IT technical support in accordance with internal procedures and to agreed service levels. Please note this role works on a shift pattern.
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Maintain working relationship with third party suppliers/service providers.
- Maintain accuracy and appropriate detail of information contained in the helpdesk call logging system and the asset management database.
- Provide day-to-day call resolution within agreed service levels whilst providing the user with an explanation of resolution to promote understanding so as to assist in reducing the overall number of helpdesk calls.
- Escalate unresolved calls/queries to the Service Desk Manager or to third party support as appropriate whilst retaining ownership in accordance with internal procedures.
- Monitor progress of resolution of own calls/queries. Feedback progress to users and confirm with users when calls are closed.
- Keep technical support team informed of any relevant issues.
- Escalate significant issues to Service Desk Manager.
- Provide work status update to Service Desk Manger as part of monthly 1-2-1 meeting.
- Attend regular team meetings.
- Develop and maintain documented procedures as required by the Service Desk Manger.
- Identify improvements to existing working methods and make proposals to the Service Desk Manger.
- Deploy applications in accordance with formal procedures.
- Support Trading Floor applications such as Bloomberg/Reuters
- Test and deploy patches and system updates in accordance with system procedures.
- Deploy Workstation patching via SCCM on a monthly basis
- Identify improvements to reduce routine user queries and make recommendations to the Service Desk Manger.
- Complete installation, upgrades, repair and moves of Jupiter supported infrastructure including software and hardware.
- Analyse and resolve problems/queries relating to supported infrastructure including software and hardware.
- Complete all operational duties on a rota basis.
- Perform basic system administration of supported systems and infrastructure as directed by the Service Desk Manger.
- Observe and respond to various system management and monitoring tools as implemented and escalate or manage incidents or conditions as appropriate.
- Maintain various libraries, registers and records of key information and assets within the IT department.
- Available to work outside normal business operational hours should this be required
- Microsoft Office 365
- Windows 7, 8 & 10
- Apple MAC
- Android Mobile Configuration
- Active Directory administration
- Microsoft Exchange administration
- Citrix Access Gateway
- Anti-virus (MS Endpoint)
- Remote Access technologies (RSA/VPN/F5)
- Market Data (Reuters/Bloomberg)
- Service Manager
- Highly motivated to provide excellent service to end users and colleagues.
- Proven experience in IT customer support/Service Desk environment
- Good analytical and problem solving skills – ability to reason through problems and anticipate issues/implications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise multiple tasks.
- Good time management skills.
- Proven planning and implementation skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and requests.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Proactive in approach and able to use own initiative.
- Flexible in work approach and working hours.
- Microsoft Certifications, e.g. MCSE, MCITP, MCTS.
- Educated to A level or equivalent
- ITIL (at least to Foundation level).