ACCOUNT MANAGER, ASSET MANAGEMENT
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018. Northern Trust Asset Management
is a multi-asset class investment manager offering a broad range of investment solutions. The primary focus of this role is to be responsible for coordinating the account administration for investment management clients. Maintain the accounts including record keeping, respond to client inquiries, produce adhoc reports and oversee transaction processing.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
• Responsible for the account administration for all (EMEA) investment management clients.
• Coordinates with all appropriate teams on account set up, cash flows, fee reviews, and client data maintenance including the completion of audit and compliance requests
• Executes daily client activity, oversees transaction processing, and assists clients and internal partners with service requests.
• Timely resolution of all queries, and if necessary to work with the relevant departments to understand the root cause and to provide assistance to help avoid reoccurrence of problem
• Work with Relationship Manager(s) to develop a clear understanding of client requirements and identify service efficiency enhancements, process improvements, and service delivery using creative and proactive measures, updating procedure documents where appropriate.
• Supports the Relationship Managers in adhoc requests that may pertain to existing client needs
• Participate in internal and client meetings where appropriate, providing expert views on all items relating to the account administration function
• Involvement in projects or tasks to enhance the client experience, and other projects that may affect Investment Management clients or the NTGI client team. Qualifications The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Proven understanding of asset management terminology and familiarity with investment instruments is essential
• Must have strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
• Excellent time management and organisation skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload are essential
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally)
• Self-motivated, able to think ahead and schedule tasks in good order
• Ability to collaborate effectively with internal partners
• Determination to identify and follow issues through to resolution
• Flexible attitude and ability to change priorities quickly
• Ability to influence other departments to deliver in a timely manner, with the tenacity to follow up on outstanding actions and drive results
• The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to self-manage as well as independently analyse client situations; formulate effective strategic and tactical actions; and resolve issues. In order to be effective, there must be a demonstrated ability to evaluate client needs and formulate a responsive solution
• Ability to develop a broad working knowledge of NTGI, to effectively utilize this information as needed in the performance of the Account Manager role
• Able to work effectively in a large, growing and constantly changing organization
Working with Us:
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial - Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance - Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing - Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development - Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you're excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.