ALM Risk Analyst (Pensions)
- up to £47k, dependent on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Local Pensions Partnership Ltd
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Work as a member of the asset and liability risk management team in providing financial risk management services to clients, internal stakeholders and shareholders. The role will have a particular focus on market and pensions risk analysis, reporting and the maintenance and development of ALM risk models.
- Responsible for the maintenance and continual development of financial risk analysis, risk management, ALM and reporting in the context of long term projected pension scheme cash flows.
- Accountable for the continual development of risk based investment performance assessment and reporting.
- Responsible for maintenance and appropriate asset stress testing and scenario analysis processes.
- Maintain and assist in development of the risk management framework for pension scheme clients.
- Operate and maintain asset liability risk management software and models.
- Assist in developing proposals for mitigating pension scheme risk through for example diversification and derivative hedging and identifying desirable valuation and cash flow characteristics for possible future assets.
- Accountable for preparation of appropriate MI reporting to facilitate decision making for the CRO, The Executive and the Board.
- Support LPP risk team and client risk service offering.
- Accountable for the production of regular risk reporting for LPP and its clients.
- Responsible for maintaining the asset and liability risk management software used for client reporting.
- Work with colleagues to develop and enhance overall risk management analysis and risk reporting models.
- Accountable for analysis and development of in-house asset liability and financial risk management capability in the context of long term projected pension cash flows.
- Maintain processes and procedures in the performance of LPP’s FCA regulatory requirements as an Alternative Investment Fund Manager.
- Maintain and develop market risk exposure and sensitivity reports.
- Maintain and develop risk adjusted investment performance assessment techniques and reporting mechanisms.
- Develop working knowledge of asset portfolio.
- To maintain up to date knowledge in the areas of financial markets and regulatory matters; in particular LGPS regulations and the standards set by the UK Pension regulator following the 2013 Public Services Pensions Act
- To collaborate with colleagues on communication of matters relevant to LPP, its clients, shareholders and pension scheme employers
- To contribute and actively support LPP’s equality programme, both internally and externally, along with all other corporate policy initiatives as directed.
- Demonstrable Financial Market experience along with financial modelling and risk systems capability.
- Asset class knowledge with particular reference to risk characteristics across a broad range of asset classes.
- Graduate level educated ideally gained within a Mathematics, Finance or a related discipline.
- Qualified or working towards completion of a recognised professional qualification in an investment discipline is desirable.
- A lateral thinker with excellent problem solving and organisational ability.
- Highly effective communication skills including the ability to build good working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Highly developed numerical, analytical and report writing skills including a working knowledge of MS office tools to assist in the communication of key messages and to facilitate discussions and decision making.
- A proactive, self-motivated team player.
- An understanding of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
How to Apply
You can apply for this role by submitting a CV and covering letter confirming your current remuneration package.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
We regret that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
Applications should be sent ideally by email via the link below or to the HR team based at LPP, 2nd Floor 169 Union Street, London, SE1 0LL by the closing date below. For any questions around applying and/or further details in relation to the position please do not hesitate to contact the HR team on 0207-369-6030
Closing date for applications: We invite all applicants to apply as soon as possible and please note that the campaign will close when sufficient applications have been received.
LPP is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise our ability to provide quality services to all our customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.