Are you a motivated, quick-thinking, collaborative individual with a passion for insurance asset management, investment strategy and quantitative analyses? We are looking for a driven professional with strong communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment to join our Insurance Strategy team, working with our insurance clients and investment teams to deliver investment solutions. OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs' Asset Management Division (AMD) is one of the world's leading investment managers. AMD provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning public and private asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading insurance companies, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, financial institutions, pension plans, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
The Insurance Asset Management team provides innovative insurance solutions for life, health, property and casualty and reinsurance companies. Insurance Strategists focus on advising GSAM's insurance clients in the design of their investment, risk, and capital management strategies; structuring bespoke and innovative investment solutions; and contributing to GSAM's broad institutional client engagement effort via the provision of quantitative and industry-specific content. The Strategists use quantitative techniques, technology and industry knowledge to develop real-world solutions for our clients. They participate in meetings and presentations designed to build relationships and pursue commercial opportunities with institutional clients and prospects alongside other members from the group, and the division-wide investment and marketing teams. Common investment projects include: strategic asset allocation, asset-liability matching, capital efficiency, investment thematic analyses, balance sheet transitioning. ROLE REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Create innovative and efficient balance sheet and portfolio optimization solutions
- Design, develop and maintain sophisticated insurance quantitative models
- Maintain an up-to-date and in-depth knowledge of the insurance sector and regulation
- Produce sector specific insurance investment strategy researches on topical trends
- Prepare and deliver presentations for client meetings
- Collaborate with team members on client and internal projects
- Contribute to the development of new products and services for our insurance clients
- Build a successful partnership with client facing and investment teams
- MSc-level education in a quantitative discipline from a top tier university. Actuarial qualification a plus
- Strong programming skills, with proficiency in Python required
- 3+ years of experience, with knowledge of insurance / pension solutions
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Ability to grasp problems described by clients, formulate them clearly, propose solutions and communicate the resulting analysis to clients with a wide-range of analytical and technical expertise
- A self-starter, should have the ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
- Ability to manage a portfolio of projects under strict time constraints
- Strong communications skills
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of one or more European languages a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity