AML Inline Quality Assurance Professional
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
AML Inline Quality Assurance Professional
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business GBAM Market Operations
Here in our in our Bromley office we are looking for an AML Inline Quality Assurance Professional to support AML Onboarding in EMEA.
The role is critical in ensuring client onboarding was performed accurately and completely in accordance with CDD standard and procedures.
As the successful candidate, you will execute on horizontal oversight controls for operational processes to drive adherence to regulations, laws, policies, and standards.
You will have a passion for problem solving, great partnership and communication skills, deep operational subject matter expertise, and the ability to envision, communicate and execute strategic planning and remediation of issues. This role will have senior leadership exposure opportunities across the enterprise, allowing you to expand your network and expertise.
As an AML Inline Quality Assurance your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provided analytical support in executing internal control discipline and operational excellence within Enterprise Shared Services
- Gather and organize data in order to monitor and test the effectiveness of key controls and status of action plans and prepare documentation for tracking, monitoring, and escalation of risk related issues to management
- Ensure effective quality assurance practices are in place through the development and implementation of standards, controls, and metrics from compliance partners
- Assist in the execution of internal operational process, discipline and excellence within the AML Onboarding Inline Quality Assurance team and across multiple lines of business in the bank
As an AML Inline Quality Assurance your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Solid Research/Documentation experience
- Excellent Anti-Money Laundering/Customer Due Diligence/EMEA CDD experience
- Operations experience
- An adaptable, independent person capable of assessing business problems, project deliverables and interdependencies holistically, and managing and escalating issues/risks to key stakeholders and leadership in a timely fashion
- A problem solver who can manage through some ambiguity successfully
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to synthesize information in order to drive team to results
- Proactive, able to connect the dots and make sense of information across multiple data points upstream/ downstream that may not be easily noticeable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where business needs/ priorities may change
- Excellent time management skills and ability to juggle multiple competing priorities
- Identify and track issues/ trends and identify actions to resolve issues and mitigate risks
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.