GFT is driving the digital transformation of the world’s leading companies in the financial and insurance sectors, as well as in the manufacturing industry. As an IT services and software engineering provider, GFT offers strong consulting and development skills across all aspects of pioneering technologies, such as cloud engineering, artificial intelligence, mainframe modernisation and the Internet of Things for Industry 4.0.
We are looking for a technologist to join the GFT team and help build out our rapidly expanding business. This position will be based in London but national and international travel will be required. GFT is a Premier Partner with Google, an Anthos and Apigee partner, a Tech Partner and a Reseller. We have offices in 11 countries and an international staff numbering around 5,000.
We have created a new role – API Engineer - within the team. As part of the Hybrid API Management Practice team you will be responsible for growing our API capability for cloud, on-premise and hybrid environments.
You will play a critical role in establishing credibility and confidence with prospective and existing clients. You will combine software development, networking and system administration expertise with an aptitude for technical consulting, troubleshooting and analysis to define and lead our API offering based on client’s requirements and best practice. The role involves aspects of pre-sales, delivery and technical oversight working across multiple workstreams leading teams of various sizes.
- Strong engineering, architectural and design skills – particularly around API gateways, developer portals and API management
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud Platform ecosystem or other public cloud ecosystem
- Deep understanding of API Design Lifecycle and the CI/CD pipeline for APIs
- Experience working with hybrid architectures where there are multiple API management solutions such as on-premise, private cloud and public cloud
- Develop a working relationship with the customer’s technical staff and be able to gain their trust and credibility through deep technical knowledge and subject matter expertise.
- Demonstrated thought leadership in emerging technologies
- Develop Proofs of Concept, presentations and demos with a clear plan to take a prospect successfully through the evaluation process and make them satisfied customers.
- Manage and lead the customer throughout the evaluation process through to closure.
- Coordinate and deliver RFP/I/Q responses and technical architecture solutions.
- Ability to identify and manage complex technical deliverables to meet program requirements
- Stakeholder engagement and influencing
- Hands-on experience with an API management tool (Apigee
- Experience writing OpenAPI (Swagger) API specs
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs).
- Experience with web services related standards such as HTTP, REST, SOAP, and OAuth.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems
- Hands-on familiarity with middleware and cloud technologies like NOSQL data stores, Google Cloud, and mobile app development.
- Experience with cloud storage solutions, SQL database administration, Google App Engine (or equivalent), Cloud networking solutions, and/or distributed computing technology.
- You should be able to clearly demonstrate you are a driven person who has achieved success in your career that goes above the normal.
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a curious person, who is continuously learning
- You should be able to demonstrate that you are a strong team player, who is open to the views of others
- An ability to apply structured thinking, simplifying complex problems into component parts, to the resolution of project challenges.
- Working practices; thorough with high standards of work.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to be able to establish rapport with people at all levels.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own a vision for our solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SAFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated an aptitude in sales centric roles, typically in support of key sales personnel.
What we offer you:
You will be working with some of the brightest people in business and technology on challenging and rewarding projects in a team of likeminded individuals. GFT prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
You will work in a supportive office environment where the team are always learning and developing. You will work with some of the UKs largest companies using advanced technology. You will be part of a larger international team and will likely work closely with our colleagues in Spain, Poland and the US.
You will be able to take part in GFT’s Open Source initiatives and our industry events.
Founded in 1987 and located in 13 countries to ensure close proximity to its clients, GFT employs over 5,000 people. GFT provides them with career opportunities in all areas of software engineering and innovation. The GFT Technologies SE share is listed in the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange