Our client, a leading provider of financial technology, is currently on the market for an API Product Manager to work closely with their portfolio of high end clients to gather and translate requirements for their recently enhanced API products. This is an opportunity to influence the development of leading Financial Services API products, by bringing your own strategic perspective to the role.
- Take ownership of the requirements and design the API, ensuring alignment with external customers and internal teams.
- Contribute to the development strategy of existing and new APIs development life cycle, governance and standards.
- Collaborate with product managers, architects, developers and other internal teams on the design and test of new product concepts.
- Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation and facilitation of design activities.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making.
- Take ownership of internal API standards and exposure methodologies.
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results (to product stakeholders).
- Liaise with applications group and external customers to ensure APIs are designed and implemented according to the company guidelines.
Key Skills and Experience
- Able to demonstrate a working knowledge on APIs and industry best practices.
- Skilled communicator who is just as comfortable having technical discussion as well as formulating and presenting business concepts with customers and internal teams.
- Familiar with APIs contracts and testing of APIs to give input on based on industry best practices.
- Experience in software engineering background and design methods.
- 5 years in a similar job.
- Good knowledge of OAS 2.0/3.0 and RAML APIs definition standards
- Knowledge of ISO20022 message standards is a big plus
- Financial market knowledge is a big plus.
- Demonstrate data analysis skills and experience in deriving data insights to evolve products.
- Travel will be required at most 30% of your time.