API Product Owner, Financial Crime
- disc. bonus/benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 Feb 19
The role holder will be the key driver of broader and enhanced data feeding an industry-first intelligence system reliant on robust, global data. The role holder will be required to effectively prioritise data analysis, acquisition and integration tasks to ensure business requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner and are fit for purpose.
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career where you will be respected as an individual and valued for the contributions you make, join HSBC and discover how diversity drives our success. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further
Financial Crime Threat Mitigation (FCTM) focuses on the specific financial crime threats the firm faces now and in the future, pioneering the techniques and technology that protect our business, our customers, and the many communities in which we operate from the harms associated with financial crime. FCTM harnesses intelligence, analytics, technology, investigation, information sharing, and public-private partnership to achieve this end, always seeking the most effective and efficient means. FCTM is also partnering with Financial Crime Compliance to build the case for a more efficient and effective regulatory approach by defining a potential new regulatory landscape based on practical, tested innovation and serving as a thought leader in the ongoing public debate on the future of regulatory compliance.
The Product Management team ensures that essential systems and data are available to enable FCTM to conduct effective and efficient investigations and analytics. The team is proactive and future-looking, shaping financial crime technology and promoting its adoption across Compliance.
Responsibilities will include
- Requirements Clarification: Support the team to liaise with software vendors, internal software delivery and change delivery functions to ensure business requirements and priorities are well understood
- Requirements Gathering: Support the team to liaise with business stakeholders at local, regional, global and functional level to ensure that requirements are accurately captured as well as urgency and potential business impacts are well understood.
- Acceptance: Perform user acceptance testing of new features and new data sources to ensure that functionality is delivered to a high standard and report issues accurately and effectively to ensure quick resolution
- Defect Management: Work with the development teams to ensure progress against resolution plans and efforts are focused on the true business priorities.
- Data Analytics: Capability to understand and manipulate data to support user queries on system behaviour and understand the feasibility of requirements and enhancements
- Investigate: Take an active part in working with systems and providing support on live case investigation to understand context of requirements and priorities and to identify potential gaps and improvements in functionality
To be successful in the role, it is likely that you will meet the following criteria:
- Experience as a business analyst in a financial services setting (Desirable)
- Understanding of entity resolution, network analytics and data analysis techniques (Desirable)
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data efficiently, draw conclusions on what the data means and actions required
- Ability to maintain control, direction and motivation in an ever-changing environment
- Numerate. Strong MS Excel skills. Experience in using data manipulation/mining languages such as SAS or SQL strongly desired.
- Proven ability to develop subject matter expertise in complex areas
- Strong relationship management and influencing skills
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial and autonomous
- Proven written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Operates effectively across cultures and in multi-cultural diverse work environments
- Resourceful - ability to leverage resources available to achieve goals
- An interest in business and current affairs, including financial crime
- (Desirable) Experience with 'Big Data' technologies
- (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of financial crime and reputational risk
- (Desirable) Experience/knowledge of wholesale banking
For further details and application information please apply online
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.