API Support Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The API Support Analyst provides API development support for customers, internal teams, or partner exchanges developing to or integrating with the CME Group APIs for Globex, OTC or Margin API Services, remove barriers to entry and provide access to subject matter experts to help them develop and certify the interfaces to CME Group standards.
Principal Accountabilities will include:
• Responsible for providing technical support for customers developing and certifying to all CME Group API's for central limit order book, straight through processing and other functions.
• Drive customer experience excellence by demonstrating technical expertise, service excellence and collaborative support with the customers and across the organization.
• Partner with cross functional teams to integrate new technology, partner with relationship management teams and onboard customers
• Identify certification requirements and best practices and participate in the requirements definition process.
• Coordinate with various core project team members to define and execute operational readiness critical functional API changes for Globex or OTC and for partner exchanges. Manage heightened awareness phases during the launch of new services.
• Make recommendations for new applications, tools, products and procedures.
• Participate in customer education opportunities with the customer relationship managers.
• Provide regular environment maintenance support which includes but is not limited to; weekday post change test environment testing, reporting results according to established procedures, effectively managing open issues, collaborating and communicating with other support teams during each environment maintenance exercise. Provide innovative ideas for improving the efficiency/effectiveness of the process.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Experience support customer conformance testing
- Excellent customer support skill, written and oral, ability to manage complex conformance circumstances
- Technology related analytical skills and troubleshooting expertise
- Financial industry technology knowledge central limit order books and post trading processing protocols FIX/ FIXML/ as well as JSON Protocol, web services, Python/R/Unix scripting, basic Networking skills, SQL+,Linux , XML, HTML, &,Toad, Jira,
- U nderstanding of multi-cast protocols, understanding of database principles, SWL scripting a plus
- Financial industry knowledge of futures and options a plus
- Understanding of cloud computing principles
- Self-starter works independently
- Good knowledge of change management processes
- Experience with project management principles