We are now recruiting for a successful global banking group who have been on an impressive growth journey over the last 15 years. The role will be involved in credit monitoring and internal ratings/grading for their European Leveraged Finance portfolio and will be working for one the more dynamic front office/origination teams at the bank. This is a mixture of a front/middle office role and will get exposure to transactions and the deal team (without the long hours). The bank offers broader and more involved roles than other banks and this individual would be offered solid learning, development, growth opportunities.
- To ensure the effective, proactive management of the Internal Ratings process (Credit Monitoring) in respect of the bank's European Leveraged Finance Portfolio. To ensure all ratings are submitted in a timely manner to Line Manager, Management and Credit Department and are executed in accordance with the Bank's agreed policies and procedures
- To allow for a consistent approach to Leveraged Finance ratings to be taken and ensure clear, open and timely reporting of Portfolio Ratings Data to the various key stakeholders including Line Manager, Management, Credit Department, & Head Office with strong emphasis on accuracy/attention to detail.
- To provide support to and work closely with Line Manager to drive the identification and execution of process efficiencies / improvements to the Bank's rating process to allow more time for Deal Teams to focus on contributing to the overall Department's Leveraged Finance Income Budget.
- More advanced AVPs may lead certain internal workstreams.
Looking for any of the following:
- Candidates with banking sector or ratings agency experience
- Leveraged Finance experience
- Credit Analysts from either a Leveraged Finance or Corporate Banking background
- Credit Monitoring, Credit Review candidates or those with credit ratings and grading experience
- Pro-actively carrying out and/or reviewing the internal rating for up to c50 Leveraged Finance transactions annually including:
- Analysing Financial Audited / Management Accounts and transactional Due Diligence /Information Memorandums / Lender Presentations, and inputting the necessary Financial Data into Excel models and subsequently into the Bank's GBR system;
- Carrying out ad hoc Credit Monitoring of potential European Leverage Finance Borrowers in line with the Bank's Credit Monitoring policies and procedures
- Preparation of the necessary Credit Monitoring papers required to support our GBR submissions.
- Responsibility for collaborating with Deal Teams across Origination Team and at times, with existing Account Officers across Portfolio Management Team to ensure timely submission of Credit Monitoring papers to Credit Department for new and at times, existing transactions.
- Ongoing interaction / liaison with Credit Department to ensure Credit Submissions are approved in a timely manner
- Conducting in depth financial analysis of Borrowers financial information to i) assign an internal rating using the Bank's ratings model, and supporting models relevant to Leveraged Finance borrowers (Master Grading Template, Enterprise Valuation Calculation, Self Assessment Tools etc.) and ii) to identify key drivers /trends in financial metrics behind the resulting internal rating
- Presentation of ratings recommendations to Management and Credit Department including liaison with all relevant stakeholders (SPD Deal Captains and Account Officers, Credit Department, Head Office and RMD) to ensure i) consistent approach being taken to our internal ratings and ii) appropriate interpretation of internal guidelines / rules
- Compliance with all regulatory and internal policies and procedures, regulations and guidelines
Skills and Experience Required:
- In depth knowledge and understanding of a bank's Credit Monitoring Policies & Procedures and system
- Some knowledge of European Leveraged Finance market
- Ability to analyse and interpret Audited/Unaudited Historic Financial Statements, Financial Due Diligence, forward looking financial data (Budgets. Forecasts, Projections etc.) and other financial information.
- Sound knowledge of Excel for spreading multiple financial data across various models; and for use in improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency.
- Good Communication Skills - with both internal and external stakeholders to enable clear and concise written and verbal presentation of Leveraged Finance transactions
- Ability to work as part of team both internally and with other parts of the Bank
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional qualification and/or Bachelor's degree preferred
- German I French language skills an advantage