AVP - Relationship Manager (German fluency essential)
Role / Responsibilities
Customer facing role responsible for maintaining and extending existing customer relationships in the UK & Ireland sub-region within the EMEA Commercial Group. Works autonomously with moderate supervision by the Head of Relationship Management, UK & Ireland.
- Proactively manage a portfolio of up to 150 existing accounts. Actual portfolio size will be dependent on needs for the UK & Ireland and EMEA, and can vary.
- Diverse portfolio across multiple Fundamental lines of business, i.e. Corporate Finance Group, Financial Institutions Group, Public Sector, Project & Infra
- Be responsible for deepening existing relationships, monetising price and growing share of wallet and coverage by delivering tailored value proposition to existing issuers.
- Exceed allocated business targets: e.g. market coverage, cross- and upsell, average price increases.
- Collect market intelligence to share with broader RM team.
- Ensure we have an opportunity to bid for close to 100% of all new rating transactions which are not covered by umbrella contracts.
- Be responsible for preparing a a structured outreach plan (setting priorities, defining outreach objectives) for the account portfolio. Aim is to contact every account regularly by phone or in person meetings.
- AM will be expected to spend minimum of 30% of their time on the road meeting customers (or the virtual equivalent).
- Minimum of 5 days of investor meetings per year
- Contribute to relevant strategic plans for the respective markets by assessing the vulnerability of relationships and by identifying new business opportunities.
- Guide Sales Support staff and partner with other internal stakeholders in an efficient way.
- Effectively prepare and conduct multiple daily relationship management telephone conversations or in-person meetings with issuers at all levels independently and with minimal oversight.
- Very good communication skills in English.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to hold a 60 minute in person meeting with a Group treasurer and or CFO.
- Ability to articulate and explain Moody's value proposition.
- Able to negotiate and defend pricing, contracts, and renewals. Where applicable, draft tender documents.
- In-depth understanding of main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in the region.
- Able to read financial statements to identify financing needs and understand the financial strategy of each account.
- Excellent understanding of Moody's product suite, contracts and general conduct of business.
- Minimum of Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Minimum of 6 years' experience in an Account Manager role preferably managing a large, dynamic customer portfolio
- Work experience in the Debt Capital Markets or Leveraged Finance is an advantage.
- Proactive, service-minded individual who enjoys the role of servicing customers, adding value and increasing the share of wallet.
- Team-player with high levels of integrity, dedication and drive.
- Native or fluent German language skills - spoken and written
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.