Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Information and Data Management (IDM) department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD and EMEA region for MUFG Bank. The mandate for the department is to:
- Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target state
- Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
- Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
- Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
- Investigate and analyse data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
- Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
- Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements.
The team operates internationally with staff currently based in London, New York and Hong Kong.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We have an exciting role within our London Shared Service reporting team.
The successful candidate will be within the shared service reporting team responsible for regulatory liquidity reporting and internal Capital reporting. The roles key objective will be to:
- Deliver the production of regulatory liquidity reports including PRA110, NSFR, ALMM and LCR.
- Ensure that data and reporting is delivered to Front Office, Risk Managers, Senior Management, Head Office and the regulators in a timely manner to expected standards.
- Drive enhancements of the teams reporting capabilities through the continued use of strategic Business Intelligence tools.
- Manage stakeholder relationship across the business to ensure expectations are met and managed.
- Delivery of the production of internal and external liquidity reporting.
- Continued enhancement of MI reporting through the use of Business Intelligence tools.
- Keeping abreast with regulatory developments and new reporting requirements.
- Delivery of timely and relevant metrics to track performance against key SLAs and other Data Quality KPIs as specified by stakeholders and business process owners.
- Drive the delivery of strategic system implementations and other firm-wide projects relating to data and reporting processes
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience in Regulatory Risk reporting roles (essential)
- CFA, ACA or CIMA qualification (beneficial)
- Previous experience in managing a team (beneficial)
- Experience of working with stakeholders of different levels (essential)
- Experience with BI/reporting tools (essential)
- Understanding of Data Governance regulation and best practice (essential)
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical/numerical skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.