AVP Manager Ratings & Research Support
- Direct credit-related management of AAs as follows:
- Manage RRS team of approximately 12-15 AAs across two locations, providing analytical guidance on a variety of Structured Finance asset classes within the SFG Corporate and Covered Bond sectors.
- Manage quality and consistency of analytical work produced by AAs. Provide analytical oversight to AAs including:
- Document and implement quality check processes in collaboration with R&R and ensure they are widely communicated and adhered to.
- Review quantitative and qualitative assessments of financial data, use of models, research and outreach materials.
- Ensure high quality analytical work is provided to R&R; support in the development and execution of service quality objectives as agreed with R&R. Strong collaboration with R&R is expected to enhance the quality and timeliness of the credit analysis.
- Manage day-to-day AA portfolio/workflow allocation; review responsibilities periodically and suggest potential changes to AMD; coordinate work demands from various stakeholders:
- Assign AAs to discrete standardized work items and credit portfolios as appropriate; assign ad hoc tasks to AAs as appropriate.
- Partner with R&R lead analysts and RRS Management to ensure that work is assigned to appropriate levels within RRS.
- Collaboration with R&R Management to understand and manage work priorities to manage new transaction deadlines and meet regulatory and internal requirements for surveillance activities.
- Ensure adherence to analyst rotation requirements and other regulatory requirements for the team.
- Maintain web-based workflow tracker and utilize the tool for reporting and communication with R&R, senior management, etc.
- Human capital management responsibilities:
- Participate in recruitment, selection and onboarding activities for "class" and ad hoc hiring.
- Collaborate with Professional Training & Development team and R&R to deliver the induction training sessions for new joiners.
- Manage performance evaluation process of AAs; provide ongoing coaching and feedback to AAs as appropriate.
- Identify and monitor high performing AAs and provide input into the promotion process.
- Drive stronger performance management culture by identifying and proactively managing underperformance.
- Mentor and develop staff, including facilitation of career development planning and opportunities; Encourage employees to take responsibility for their career goals.
- Assess training needs for RRS staff and assign relevant training to support associate development (e.g., methodology, asset class training).
- Attend select Rating Committees (as a participating non-voting member) to a) assess quality of work provided, b) observe AA performance/interactions and c) stay in touch with credit developments.
Proactively seek opportunities to shape and enhance department/team processes to drive greater efficiencies.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications)
- Experience with credit and ratings analysis (in specified LOBs/asset classes) preferably as a lead analyst in R&R
- Experience/desire to manage, train and mentor junior support staff
- Familiarity with Moody's rating process and services; analyst workflow; compliance policies and procedures; rating business regulatory requirements
- Service-orientated, to ensure RR analysts receive strong, timely support and both RR & RRS groups are working effectively as a team
- Strong written and oral communications
- Capable of achieving high level of credibility with analysts and broader MIS functions
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize as business priorities change
- Experience implementing and coordinating larger scale change processes (i.e., changes to LOB methodologies, compliance/regulatory projects, other ad hoc projects etc.)
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.