We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
Overview of the Department:
Corporate Technology is responsible for the operation, development and support of all applications across all areas of the business. Corporate Technology ensures IT strategy, architecture solutions are aligned to business requirements.
Main purpose of the role:
To support the administration of all firewall and network data security environments, ensuring all systems and services are available, performant, reliable and scalable to meet the needs of the business and its users.
- Provide Administration and Support for all Firewall environments and other network related data security across EMEA and MUS international offices
- Take ownership of network security related incidents, troubleshooting from first alert to remediation and coordinating with users, internal teams and vendors as necessary for incident resolution
- During incidents, ensure down time is kept to a minimum and communication is appropriate
- Plan and complete Firewall related projects and tasks as assigned by management
- Perform Installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance (including patching) of Firewall equipment and operating system software / firmware as required and in accordance with published vulnerability and security procedures or alerts
- Perform Installation, configuration, upgrades and maintenance of 3rd party software used within the Firewall environment
- Produce and maintain documented operational procedures and diagrams for all Firewall environments and in-scope supported applications and systems
- Provide support for developers and business users requests and queries
- Conduct performance monitoring / tuning, capacity monitoring / planning
- Implement, monitor, troubleshoot backups/restores
- Automate regular administration and housekeeping tasks, where appropriate
- Liaise with vendors, suppliers, business users, development and application support as required
- Perform and assist with the recovery of systems and applications during DR invocation and test scenarios.
- Proactively suggest how technology can be used to improve / enhance business processes / save costs or provide a competitive edge
- Assist with the support and maintenance of all network support duties including data, voice desk/office moves and cabling, as required.
- Provide additional cover when other Network administrators are on annual leave or sick
- To have worked as part of a firewall security team within a large multi-site critical network environment. * essential
- Experience of supporting a blue chip financial sector network covering the EMEA region.*desirable
Skills and experience:
Functional / Technical Competencies:(5yrs experience) * essential
- Cisco certified network professional (CCNP) or equivalent *essential
- Checkpoint, Palo Alto and Cisco security devices * essential
- Security Architecture, VPN technology and threat defence architecture knowledge / exposure *essential
Experience or skills in the following technologies is desired:
- Juniper security devices
- Troubleshooting, monitoring and reporting tools (e.g. Tufin) knowledge / exposure
- ITIL or COBIT foundation
- Audit, control and vulnerability management experience
- Flexible approach to working hours required to meet business demand, weekend working as required, ability to work as part of a shift system and provide on call support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A pro-active, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and responsive to change
- Ability to work effectively autonomously and as part of a team
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.