Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
The Information Data Management department is responsible for data management and MI production across all international subsidiaries of MUSHD. The mandate for the department is to:
- Develop a business led, technology enabled data strategy and roadmap for delivery of data management target state
Develop a data governance framework and establish data related policies and procedures to improve the value of data as an enterprise asset
- Source, validate and maintain master data repositories of market and reference data
- Agree data quality standards with business owners and track metrics and continuously improve data processes
- Investigate and analyse data issues, identify the root cause and recommend control improvements
- Develop and support an MI platform optimised for the aggregation of data and the reporting of processed and analysed information
- Deliver accurate, timely and insightful MI to the international business to support executive decision making and to meet statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
The Data Management team has two main sections:
- Market Data: Includes EOD pricing, IPV prices, time series, corporate actions and curve construction
- Reference Data: Includes organisational, common reference, client and instrument data
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the reference data function. Our team is responsible for all types of reference data across all asset classes providing an excellent opportunity for exposure to front office, P&L, Operations and Risk management functions. The successful candidate will play a key role in the daily reference data process with a focus on organisational data management by ensuring data is created, maintained and processed in a timely and accurate fashion, while driving improvements and facilitating change. Organisational Data relate to the internal organisational structure hierarchy and span data sets such as books, product typologies, trader allocations, departments, and business units while their impact across financial, risk and regulatory reporting outputs emphasizes the importance of the role. The implementation of a strategic Enterprise Data Management system will provide the opportunity to the individual to contribute to the successful path towards an international data model which is essential for the firm’s success
In this role, you will be responsible for Reference Data processes across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- To work as a team member in the Reference Data section within the Information Data Management department
- Support the Master Data Strategy
- Ensure all reference data captured is accurate, reliable and serves cross-functional and cross-entity purposes
- To ensure reference data management processes are optimised and efficient by reviewing proactively processes and reporting any issues, overcoming problems and recommending possible actions
- Identify technical or process improvements to enhance efficiency and reduce operational risk
- To ensure that desk procedures are kept up to date and that improvements are made when necessary in an effort to improve efficiency
- Prepare and be responsible for daily management reports in regards to data input
- Responsibility for sourcing, cleansing, validating, and distributing Reference data
- Build positive and pro-active working relationships with the key stakeholders across the business
- Active involvement in key department and firm projects and initiatives aiming at benefits realisation and control
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 2:1 (or equivalent) in a Bachelors in Finance/Mathematics/Physics/Economics or equivalent
- Strong academics and relevant qualifications/accreditations e.g. CFA.
- A minimum 5 years Reference data expertise gained through relevant functional experience
- Detailed practical / working knowledge of the issues / challenges associated with reference data
- Working knowledge of organisational data management is desirable (set up of books, book trader allocations, departments, product typologies in enterprise data management or front and back office systems)
- Excellent knowledge of instrument set up (fixed income, equities, derivatives, triparty repos)
- Excellent knowledge of client/counterparty processes (booking account creation, SSIs, CSAs)
- A self-starter, work autonomously and market / promote the benefits of data.
- Desirable system experience; Gloss, TLM/Algo, Murex
- Direct front office liaison
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong team player with a professional approach
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to understand and manage the needs of a diverse and extensive group of stakeholders
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel essential, VBA beneficial)
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.