AVP, Technology Expense Allocation Support Open date: 05/02/2020 Close date: 03/03/2020 Salary: Competitive
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FPA) department is responsible for budgeting, forecasting and decision support for the Securities and Banking Divisions of MUFG in the EMEA region. The mandate for the department is as follows:
- FP&A’s primary responsibility is to connect senior management's long term "strategic plan" to reality. The strategic plan is a top-down, senior management driven document that sets high-level targets (revenue, net income, core strategic initiatives, etc.) for the firm. Within MUFG this is articulated as 3 year mid-term-business-plans, dissected into annual budgets.
- FP&A partner with the business to develop the operating and financial plan required to achieve management's strategic plan. To keep the plans aligned to the current reality of our clients & markets we also are responsible for development of a rolling forecast, in parallel with the traditional budget
- As a key part of the forecasting process, FP&A conduct monitoring and variance analysis to show how the budget and/or rolling forecast compares against actual performance. This incorporates peer reviews, levying challenge and providing insight on opportunities to enhance shareholder returns.
- FP&A utilise financial data to advise management on decisions such as how to improve performance, minimize risk or capture new opportunities from both within the company and within the external environment. This includes analysis of historical financials, variance explanations, forecast with risks and opportunities to current plan, and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Decision support aims to provide the business and Executives with enough information to answer key questions from external stakeholders and to identify levers that can be pulled to optimize performance or meet certain goals.
- Participate in projects including:
- Capital allocation: How should the organization’s capital be spent?
- Market research: Determining the size of a given market, leaders, laggers and potential opportunities in which the organization may have a competitive advantage.
- Organisational structure: providing support in Identifying potential acquisitions, integrations, internal reorganisations and divestitures.
- Process optimization: creating systems & workflow efficiency and leveraging developments in technology (BI, AI, RPA)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We have a role within our Financial Planning & Analysis team to lead and support the expense allocation process for Technology.
- Manage and own current cost allocation tool (CAT) for the International Securities platform, working closely with the International Technology leads to maintain and update the tool to reflect application & systems allocations.
- Implement a new or enhance the current tool to include the MUFG Bank EMEA following Technology Integration. This will include; input on tool of choice, designing, implementing, and testing to go live.
- Develop an operating model on integrated Technology allocations which enables meaningful MI to its beneficiaries and senior management; to assist with decision making and driving efficiencies.
- Utilising Business Intelligence and tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance and support global Technology operating model.
- Support the Front Office Cost Ownership model by analysing cost allocations to better understand the reasons behind drivers of Technology spend and provide commentary on results. Reviewing operations and recommending new productivity or cost saving initiatives.
- Support ad hoc projects
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Expert user of CAT Tool (Cost Allocation for Technology)
- Knowledge of Technology systems & applications applicable in Financial Services
- Implementing new applications for cost allocation requirements
- Experience of working with stakeholders of all levels
- Strong financial & analytical skills
- Experience with BI/reporting/planning tools
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.