AWS Finance Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) seeks a Finance Manager to be a key member in our AWS Public Sector sales group. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the fastest growing divisions within Amazon.
The AWS Public Sector team is paving the way for innovation and supporting world-changing projects in government, education and nonprofit organizations. The successful candidate will focus on managing financial rhythms of the business including: headcount and budget controllership, the annual operating plan, regular forecast process, month-end-close reporting and variance analysis, and analytical support for senior management.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead short- and long-term financial planning;
• Build financial models for new business concepts
• Present financial summary and business insights to senior management; and
• build out and enhance P&L models for Public Sector, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, advanced Excel abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and project management skills BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
• 7+ years of relevant work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA/CFA/CFA Preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures, and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Exceptional business judgment capable of driving a diverse organization to the right results with a focused, pragmatic approach
• Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines