Account Executive - Defined Contribution
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Account Executive - Defined ContributionPurpose of Role
As an Account Executive in our London team you will focus on one of SSGA's key growth channels; Defined Contribution pensions. This is a dynamic and constantly changing environment and you will understand and confidently deliver on the distinct needs of this multi-layer, complex distribution channel . You will identify prospects and engage senior decision makers at different stakeholders within the UK Defined Contribution market, including UK insurance companies, asset managers, master trusts, single employer trusts and corporates.
We offer the opportunity to work with some of the leading minds in the global investment management industry to bring creative investment solutions to our clients. You will work closely with our investment strategists within our institutional and in house multi asset teams.
You will think strategically about retaining existing business and growing business across clients and prospects. You will get excited in actively leading your client and prospect activities, thereby crafting and influencing the client experience of large and sophisticated clients .
Successfully leading a portfolio of prospects and building mutually beneficial relationships that are valuable for our clients/prospects and for State Street Global Advisors.
Contributing to the achievement of revenue targets from a range of strategies and solutions.
Promoting the heritage and capabilities of State Street Global Advisors as a world-leading provider of investment solutions.
Ensuring our clients' receive positive experience with the firm by committing to extraordinary client servicing, pre-empting any possible problems and actively improving standards.
Attending client meetings and conferences.
Safeguarding the integrity and culture of our firm by championing risk and compliance policies that protect our clients' interests.
Sharing your knowledge and experience with others in the business as we progress initiatives that make us even more relevant to our clients.
Education and Experience
- Consistent track record in investment management of building and growing client relationships with large, sophisticated financial institutions.
- Confirmed Experience of sales and relationship management in a global investment management firm.
- Gravitas and credibility at all levels. Validated ability to form influential relationships with senior management.
- Good knowledge of the environment - competitors, regulators, industry bodies, markets, client needs, products and solutions.
- CFA or equivalent graduate-level finance qualification. Excellent knowledge of portfolio management theory, asset classes and investment markets. Expertise in a range of single and multi-asset class solutions.
- Global mind-set and appreciation of operating in a diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of the legal, compliance and regulatory provisions associated with the role.
- Strong listening and influencing skills.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong idea generation, action orientation and goals focus.
- Effective planning and organising abilities.
Specific Technical Knowledge / Qualificiations
- Experience in navigating complex financial institutions. The ability to identify key decision-makers and seek opportunities across the entire sphere of a business/pension scheme.
- Understands and can navigate the needs of a sophisticated clients including dealing, reporting, performance, solvency II, transitions, STP etc.
- Can authoritatively describe investment process, products and vehicles. Expertise in traditional and alternative investment management products including ETFs. Verbal and written proficiency in such products and markets will be a primary driver of success.
- Advanced communication and client relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide fresh insights and new ways of approaching issues based on well-articulated facts and reasoning.
- Commitment to risk, compliance, governance and regulation policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated and entrepreneurial approach
- Confident and dedicated
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Solution oriented mindset
- Strong technical ability with investment industry knowledge.
- Ability to work well within a team
- Enthusiastic, motivated and open
- Excellent time-keeping and adherence to deadlines