Account Manager - London
At a glance
Act as central point of contact for clients in order to log, manage, investigate, solve and respond to clients' day-to-day operational issues and general queries. The Account Manager takes ownership of a client's query and takes the necessary steps to ensure it is resolved in a satisfactory manner. Your job
- Responsible for all client queries and requests:
- Acting as a single point of contact for the client
- Managing any investigation and resolution by liaising with internal staff or external exchanges/clearing houses
- Ensure all correcting actions are performed as required
- Ensure all requests are actioned appropriately and in a timely fashion
- Provide satisfactory explanation or outcome to the client for any queries/complaints
- Suggest solutions to ongoing problems
- Assist clients in reading their statements and understanding account information.
- Raise issues/problems or client change requests with relevant internal agile Grid Block and sign off updated sample data when required.
- Work together with the client Relationship Manager to onboard and set up new client accounts.
- Escalate structural issues to the Relationship Manager.
- Participate in client visits together with the Relationship Manager during the client on boarding process and service reviews.
- Work together with internal Risk and Payments team to process margin payments and answer margin call queries.
- Monitor client commission charges and report errors to Commercial/Ops manager.
- Setup up new clients and users on GRIP Reporting/GRIP Channels/Clearing Portal.
- Provide clients with information on clearing services or associated market information (e.g. exchange rebate schemes).
- Identify recurring problems within the department (e.g. procedures, IT systems) and formulate proposals for improvements. Explain the need to change and clarify the proposal when necessary.
- Draft and publish client newsflashes and newsletters in conjunction with RM's and Commercial Support.
- Produce analytical reports (e.g. commission and volume) for internal and external parties.
- Produce management reports.
- Perform presentations on clearing output to clients.
- Perform presentations/knowledge sessions for internal teams.
- Cross training of staff members.
- Assist in MICS/GRIP system, Clearing Portal and report testing.
- Participate in projects.
- Monthly commission rebate calculations.
- Writing and maintenance of procedures.
Coverage for the department is between 7:00am and 6:00pm. Members of the department are required to work in shifts to ensure full coverage of the department. Account Manager may be required to provide coverage during Bank Holidays. Your working environment ABN AMRO is a Dutch Bank offering a full range of services to retail, private, commercial and merchant banking clients. We are also active internationally in a number of specialist activities, such as Corporate and Commercial Banking, Asset Based Finance and Clearing.
The culture we aim for within the Bank is one in which we strive to strengthen our clients' position. Our success is based on our client's success. We want clients to perceive us as a trusted partner, professional and ambitious - our core values. At ABN AMRO UK we follow the Banks global strategy. We always aim to put our customers first and to create sustainable, long-term value for all our stakeholders - customers, shareholders, employees and society at large; it is our people that we rely on to help us achieve this ambition. We concentrate on our strategic priorities:
ABN AMRO UK
- Client focus
- Invest in our future
- Maintain a moderate risk profile
- Selectively grow our businesses
- Improve profitability
is part of the Corporate Banking business line and operates the following businesses in the UK:
- Corporate and Institutional Banking - which includes Corporate Banking, Clearing Global Markets - Sales & Trading, Escrow & Settlement, and Financial Institutions
- Commercial Banking which includes Asset Based Finance and International Desk, which provides transactional banking services
Our business lines are supported by a number of functions such as Risk, Compliance, Legal, IT, Finance (Including Tax), Business Management and Human Resources. We currently employ approx. 380 individuals in the UK. Your profile
What we offer
- Thorough understanding of the mechanics involved in derivative settlement, clearing & physical delivery processes.
- Good market and product knowledge.
- Good understanding of MICS and GRIP.
- Good understanding of Excel.
- Liaises with clients and all levels of AACB staff.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Influencing skills to encourage co-operation from other departments.
- Open and constant communication within immediate team to share knowledge, experience and constructive feedback in order to work at optimum level.
- Conflict management skills.
- Communicate with management regarding improvement of services or processes.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Numeracy, speed and attention to detail.
Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where flexibility is highly appreciated. We encourage you to grow and develop as a person and as an employee. Interested?
Are you interested? Please apply via the button below. For more information please contact Niki Champion, Senior Resourcing Partner, UKrecruitment@uk.abnamro.com, +44 203 192 9342.