- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 14 Dec 18
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking to recruit an Accountant. This role will report to the Senior Accountant and will primarily focus on the financial and regulatory reporting of the EMEA entities of the Wellington Management Group.
The individual will be involved with, and in time, have responsibility for:
• Preparing journal entries and monthly financial reporting deliverables including Balance Sheet and Cash reconciliations for all EMEA entities
• Preparing regulatory capital requirement calculations and reporting for all EMEA entities
• Assist with preparation of annual financial statements for all EMEA entities including liaising with external auditors
• Assist the London Finance Team with the annual ICAAP process
• Facilitate the year end expense and benefits reporting process including liaising with the external service provider
• Liaise with external service provider to assist with financial reporting requirements of the charitable foundation
• Partner with other support areas (Real Estate, Information Technology, and other Boston based teams etc.) to assist in the overall operational support for the EMEA affiliates
•Be proactive in identifying operational efficiencies and improvements to systems and processes
•Assist with the preparation of reporting packages for a number of internal business teams
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards would be beneficial
• Part chartered or full Chartered Accountant is a plus. We would also support a candidate interested in advancing chartership
•Confident communication skills, interacting and collaborating, with all levels of counterparties both internal and external to the company
• Displays intellectual curiosity
• Detail oriented
•Experience with European regulatory practices is not essential but would be beneficial
•Strong Microsoft Office skills, and experience with Workday, or similar general ledger application, is also beneficial
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .