Our client is one of the most respected names in Private Equity, with an impressive history and strong track record of delivering excellent returns to its investors. A newly-created Accountant role has arisen within their London Finance team and will be offered on an initial 1-year fixed-term contract, with strong likelihood of the role being extended or made permanent. Previous private equity experience is not required, so this represents an excellent opportunity to move into an in-demand sector. Candidates can be newly-qualified up to 2 years post-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and must bring financial/statutory accounting skills and experience reporting under IFRS.
Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant (up to 2 years PQE) with either experience as a corporate/financial accountant or an ACA/ACCA from a small to medium-sized practice with accounts preparation experience
Must have a strong grasp of reporting under IFRS and UK GAAP
Positive and team-oriented personality who is able to fit into a professional and supportive environment
Good communication skills with the ability and willingness to learn new tasks and take on new responsibilities.
This is likely to be a long-term contract role and sits within the London Finance department.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the statutory financial statements of the various Funds’ investment holding structures in accordance with the relevant accounting standards (IFRS and UK GAAP)
- Preparation of audit files and liaising with external auditors
- Preparation of UK tax information and liaising with external tax advisors
- Performance of asset reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assistance with corporate transactions, including restructuring and liquidations
- Working closely with the tax, legal and company secretarial teams
- Continuous improvement of reporting outputs, processes and systems
- Other ad hoc projects relating to the various Funds’ investment holding structures.
The individual will:
- Be a qualified accountant (likely to be ACA/ACCA but dependent on experience, CIMA)
- Newly qualified up to 2 years’ PQE either coming from a small/medium sized practice or from industry
- Have a good understanding of IFRS/FRS
- Have an understanding of corporate tax
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills (planning, scheduling, coordinating and time management)
Characteristics we are looking for:
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanour
- A proactive attitude and willingness to take on varied tasks and projects
- Attention to detail
- Not afraid to speak up and build relationships
- Desire and ability to contribute to working in an open, respectful and supportive team
- Respectful in all dealings with anyone and everyone
- Flexible and versatile in attitude
- Positive mentality