Accounting Advisory - Banking - Senior
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
Job Title: Accounting Advisory - Banking - Senior Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in IFRS conversion support, implementation of new accounting standards, accounting experience during financial due diligence, accounting control or process support and assistance with public offerings.
Within EY, FAAS operates across a global network and in the UK has dedicated team focusing on Financial Services clients, split into five sub-teams: Banking, Insurance, Asset Management, Treasury & Remediation.
The Banking sub-team is currently focused on a finance change campaign which includes implementation projects and thought leadership addressing upcoming accounting and regulatory reporting changes (CoREP, FinRep, IFRS 9 Impairment).
We work with Audit and Non-Audit clients alike. For Audit clients, we advise and support audit teams of all listed clients on accounting for financial transactions as part of the audit. For Non-Audit clients we are working directly with most major UK and international banks to investigate and resolve a variety of accounting, reporting, and organisational restructuring challenges.
What you will do:
- Continue to develop your technical skills through attending hot topic trainings workshops focused on the key issues facing the UK and international banking industry.
- Develop project management skills as you assist your team in designing and delivering implementation projects
- Build internal and external professional networks as you work directly with EY service lines (IT, transaction advisory, audit, and other advisory teams) and key financial services clients to tackle the current and upcoming challenges facing banks today
- Support the team in developing practical solutions to accounting and regulatory challenges by utilising research tools and the EY network to investigate issues, assess the impact to clients, and contributing to thought leadership presentations
- Accounting qualifications (achieved or currently pursuing)
- Experience of IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP gained within the Financial Services sector
- Familiarity with common financial products and banking organisations
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and stakeholder management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Other useful skills for Banking team Execs:
- Ability to work independently toward set deadlines and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Experience in project management
- Experience working with international banks, and knowledge of banking business structures
- Some knowledge of valuation and disclosure requirements (e.g. fair value measurement, impairment, etc.)
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.