Accounting Advisory - Regulatory Reporting - Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Job Title: Accounting Advisory - Regulatory Reporting - Senior Manager Location: London Salary Level: Competitive
The Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team specialises in advising clients on the practical implementation of new accounting and regulatory standards as well as assisting clients in interpreting and complying with existing financial accounting standards. Given the dynamic and innovative landscape of financial products, the need to understand and implement financial accounting and regulatory requirements in a significantly changing environment, presents the added complexity which FAAS specialists seek to address while working with their clients.
The Banking sub-team is currently comprised of thirty-five staff. Particular areas of focus at present include implementation of the new impairment and classification and measurement rules under IFRS 9, responding to regulatory reporting change, specifically Basel III proposals, disclosure changes and other areas of CRD IV/CRR development, structural change such as Ring-Fencing and Brexit and involvement in financial instrument specialist advisory projects. The team is working with a number of banking clients on these and other opportunities.
We provide FAAS services to audit and non-audit clients alike and work alongside other service lines, including performance improvement, technology, risk and transaction advisory. We also look to leverage our network across FAAS EMEIA.
We are seeking to recruit a Manager or Senior Manager to help respond to the growing need for our services.
What you will do:
- Lead our contribution to the development and debate surrounding prudential regulatory developments, focusing on the practical impact on clients;
- Assist clients through the provision of advice, the delivery of implementation projects, investigation and resolution of regulatory reporting issues;
- Lead discussions with clients and present complex messages skillfully
- Conduct analyses on accounting policies applied in financial statements to support due diligence teams;
- Work with a variety of clients, providing practical solutions for complex regulatory reporting problems;
- Work with the financial and regulatory reporting teams of our clients to help deliver financial information and to improve reporting processes;
- Research technical issues and develop briefing papers for clients and our own staff that build the firm's intellectual capital and contribute towards thought leadership;
- Provide technical advice to ad-hoc queries from clients and internal staff;
- Engage in business development and other marketing activities for the FAAS Banking team to help grow the business;
- Broadening and deepening FAAS relationships with our clients, specifically with the CFO office, including financial and regulatory reporting at group and division level, specialist accounting policy teams and change teams
- Manage and lead teams on projects and liaise and work across other Advisory and Assurance teams to deliver high quality client service;
- Manage engagement economics;
- Coach and develop junior staff members.
What you will need:
- ACA/ CA/ ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Ability to network effectively within large organisations and build relationships with individuals and clients
- Strong interpersonal skills: written, presentation and influencing
- Significant exposure to prudential regulation covering capital, leverage, and ICAAP disciplines, ideally developed in the banking sector
- Exposure to financial reporting and/or regulatory reporting (financial information, capital or liquidity reporting)
- Significant exposure to finance functions at financial corporate institutions - e.g. strategy, policy, procedures and controls
- Drafting of technical accounting and/or technical prudential interpretation papers
- Ability to professionally explain complex subjects in a clear manner
- Team management skills and experience in overseeing the work of others
- Experience of translating prudential developments into insightful analysis to drive improved business performance and decision making
- Ability to organise and work well under tight deadlines and manage budgets
- Technically sound with an understanding and appreciation of the capital impacts of recent and future prudential and accounting developments (for example, IFRS 9, proposals to revise the Standardised Approaches to RWA calculations, IRB capital floors, Pillar 3 reporting developments)
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.