- £20,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Our client is a leading renewables asset manager. They are seeking an Accounts Assistant to support the Finance Manager covering all entities under and/or managed by the firm. This would suit a highly motivated individual who is keen to begin their career in accounting.
- Process invoices for payments and enter them into the general ledger.
- Issue invoices, log and enter them into general ledger.
- Process all expense claims (mainly via credit/debit cards).
- Initiate payments via bank internet access for all entities including clients.
- Perform daily bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and post journal entries to ensure complete and accurate accounts (e.g. prepayments and accruals).
- Update and maintain various control Excel spreadsheets.
- Prepare accounts reconciliations (balance sheet and P&L).
- Prepare monthly management accounts and assist in preparing the annual audited accounts and half year reports.
- Provide monthly data to an outsourced accounting service provider.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Assist with the preparation of various regulatory reporting statements and reports as required.
- Assist in audit process.
- Liaise and develop a good and effective relationship with various stakeholder.
- Various administration duties such as opening post and logging incoming invoices.
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Detail orientated with a hands-on approach and a positive, proactive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Highly organised.
- Good understanding of accounting and finance processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience in using Sage accounting system desirable, but not essential.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com