A well respected insurance business, based in The City of London, requires a Accounts Assistant to join their finance team.
This is an extremely exciting opportunity to join a well-respected, ambitious business - The main responsibilities of this Accounts Assistant role will be to:
- Ensure that all suppliers and staff expenses are paid on time and the costs are correctly recorded in the Oracle general ledger
- Complete detailed expense analysis, comparing actual costs to budget
- Ensure that month end expense reporting deadlines are met
- Receive and process supplier invoices including distribution to budget holders for approval
- Analyse of actual expenses to budget within monthly reporting deadlines
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers
The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant position will need to have previous general ledger and accounts payable experience ideally within the insurance industry. The successful candidate for this Accounts Assistant position will also need be working towards a accountanting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have VAT knowledge as well as being proficient in Excel.