- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- MFS Investment Management
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
Using discretion and judgement coordinates administrative support for a designated team of equity analysts and portfolio managers. Performs a variety of administrative duties, which may be complex in nature in support of a member of senior management. Ensures timely and cost effective completion of administrative details.
1. Performs a variety of administrative and secretarial duties, which may be complex in nature to assist managers and to ensure smooth and efficient department operations.
2. Assists in specialized projects, which require knowledge or understanding of department operations. May coordinate project administration and make decisions effecting project timelines and layouts.
3. Assists in the coordination of human resource functions and duties that require access to confidential information. Maintains files and records, which may include administrative information for department personnel such as, vacation days etc.
4. Composes letters, reports and other materials, which may be complex or confidential in nature, based on an understanding of the requirements. Proofreads, edits, and checks to assure an error free document.
5. Provides training on departmental research systems to new department personnel; answers a variety of questions and resolves problems related to the department's administrative functions.
6. Arrange all travel bookings, itineraries and company folders for company trips and complete the expenses in a timely manner
7. Liaise with the Boston administrative staff to improve on systems and procedures and attend global admin meetings.
8. Respond to all broker queries regarding meeting requests
9. Performs additional duties as requested.
• Self motivated with the ability to work on their own initiative
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Highly organized with the ability to prioritise workloads
• Ability to arrange meetings and travel in multiple time zones
• Good time management and multi tasking
• Team skills
• Work well under pressure
• Flexibility and adaptability in all business areas
• Excellent written skills
• Excellent telephone skills
1. Degree or Secretarial school diploma or equivalent experience.
2. Secretarial/administrative experience preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Strong project management skills.
5. Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access.
6. Typing skills of 50 w.p.m.