Administrator, Client Services
- Up to £25,000
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Puma Investments
- 09 Mar 18 2018-03-09
An exciting new role has arisen for an Administrator to join our growing business to provide support to our client services team. The role requires a consistently high standard of work and excellent attention to detail. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of aspects of an expanding Asset Management business and really add value to a busy and energetic team. As well as displaying the above qualities, the successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to progress within an Investor Relations/Client Services role in the future.
Puma Investments is part of the Shore Capital Group, an AIM listed, investment banking group with a 30+ year history of successfully focussing on equity capital market activities, asset management and principal finance. We have offices in London, Edinburgh, Liverpool, Guernsey and Berlin. We manage over £900m across a variety of funds.
Puma Investments is a fund manager with a strong track record in:
- Growth Capital for UK SMEs;
- Property Finance;
- Listed Equities.
We raise our funds from a variety of sources including wealth managers and IFAs from the very large (eg SJP, Barclays Wealth, Cazenove) through regional players to the very small independents, from execution-only brokers and from HNWs. We also work with platforms (including Standard Life, Ascentric and Transact).
In particular, historically we have focussed on tax-efficient investments including Venture Capital Trusts (“VCTs”), Enterprise Investment Scheme (“EIS”) and Business Property Relief (“BPR”) qualifying offers. Indeed, we are proud to have been recognised and awarded for our various offers, most recently having won Tax-Efficient Group of the Year (Investment Week, 2017) and Best AIM Investment Manager for the last two consecutive years (Growth Investor Awards, 2016, 2017). In addition, we consistently receive commendable independent reviews for our VCT, EIS and IHT offerings by leading industry commentators such as Tax Efficient Review and Allenbridge.
We take seriously the importance of understanding our clients, investors, markets and our products.
A business in growth mode
Puma Investments has grown significantly over the last 5 years.
We are now c.60 people across the full suite of functions. In addition, we benefit from being part of a larger Group able to draw on the substantial resource, brand and infrastructure of our parent, Shore Capital.
As such, it is an exceptionally exciting time for our business: combining our already very strong track record with ambitious growth strategies, we have already developed our market share substantially and are looking to build further on our success.
Who we are
The team at Puma are bright, ambitious and passionate about what we do. Our non-hierarchical and meritocratic approach results in a close-knit team with a unified goal. We believe that success is produced by and belongs to all.
Our culture is dynamic, transparent and (….dare we say it) fun.
In addition, while it is a given that rewards are highly competitive and based on performance, we also believe in benefits that reward you in a more rounded way; as an example, our team get their birthdays off and personal development grants (for sushi making classes, photography, golf lessons and any interests you have that make you, you). We also take our responsibilities seriously, actively fundraising for our chosen charity of the year through a variety of activities.
An exciting new role has arisen for an Administrator to join our growing business to provide support to our client services team, currently a team of 3 people but set to grow in the immediate future.
Excellent communication skills are fundamental and the successful candidate will be enthusiastic and adaptable. The role requires a consistently high standard of work and excellent attention to detail. This is an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of aspects of an expanding Asset Management business and really add value to a busy and energetic team. As well as displaying the above qualities, the successful candidate will demonstrate a desire to progress within an Investor Relations/Client Services role in the future.
- All general administration and processing of client application forms
- Help to manage and respond to general enquires received via email within a timely manner and in adherence with quality and compliance standards
- Work as a team to deliver exceptional service to all clients and take ownership on following up and helping to chase up on progress if required
- Other ad hoc duties as requested from time to time
- Maintain client records (physical and electronic) in an orderly and comprehensive manner
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong academic record
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of dealing with clients in a professional and confidential manner
- Reports directly to the Client Services Manager
- Desire to provide quality client service and support
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation
- Proactive with an ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Accurate and efficient word processing skills
- The ability to learn and pick up new processes quickly
- Hard working and organised
- Ability to prioritise