Advisory / Technical Accounting Specialist – Financial Reporting / IFRS17 – Insurance
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:18 Aug 18
Advisory / Technical Accounting Specialist – Financial Reporting / IFRS17 – Insurance. A leading advisory firm are working with a portfolio of major global insurance firms and have a fantastic opportunity for a Technical Accounting Specialist to play a key role in advising on financial reporting processes, in particular around IFRS17.
As a Technical Accounting Specialist you will be responsible for working across a number of large financial reporting engagements within the insurance sector, providing technical expertise around accounting and reporting projects, notably IFRS17. This will entail possessing a detailed understanding of both contemporary technical accounting challenges and how they manifest within the insurance industry.
You should apply for this role if you are/have:
- 9+ years technical accounting experience within global blue-chip firms
- Extensive insurance / reinsurance industry experience with relevant major corporations
- Strong understanding of financial reporting as it applies to insurance and ideally IFRS 17
- Background in assurance or advisory with a Big 4 firm is highly desirable
- Degree educated or higher from a leading academic institution
- Fully qualified accountant is required for this role
This is a £800-£900/day role principally based in London with some UK Travel; initially for six months.