Reporting to the Head of Business Transformation & Change, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving the performance of one or more scrum teams and educating via training existing EMEA staff around key agile processes where required. Agile Coach would encourage, empower and coach
Reporting to the Head of Business Transformation & Change, the successful candidate will be responsible for improving the performance of one or more scrum teams and educating via training existing EMEA staff around key agile processes where required. Agile Coach would encourage, empower and coach everyone across EMEA (change, product and business) and is someone who lives, eats and breathes Agile. Agile coaches participate in ceremonies and rituals across many teams to support the health of the Agile system. As an Agile coach, you will coach all team members formally and informally (with a keen focus on the organization’s Scrum Masters), striving to unlock the potential in everyone.
The agile coach will be a defender of Agile methodologies and evangelize core Agile principles in the organization.
The agile coach’s ultimate goal is to arm agile teams with the right knowledge, tools and training so that they’ll be able to use agile to its full potential.
- Builds and coaches multiple high performing agile development teams and looks for ways to strengthen team’s understanding of Agile, e.g., Scrum concepts and principles, teaches, mentors and improves Agile practices across the organization and coaches and trains employees at all levels including senior leadership on Agile concepts and principles
- Drives consistent practices across the organization
- Brings transparency to the organization about development and grows trust. Is the health monitor of the collective team - checking that our commitments, pace and quality are on track
- Empowers leadership teams in building, growing and sustaining a thriving Agile team. Identifies trade-offs between short and long term benefits to drive shared vision between the team. Fosters a continuous learning environment helping teams to inspect & adapt
- Provides training to employees on the agile process
- Helps teams navigate agile tools and software Guide teams into the Agile methodology, providing employees with feedback and means of improvement, catalyzing organizational growth
- Extensive agile experience, including solid experience as an agile practitioner and as an agile coach (including experience in managing multiple agile teams i.e. scrum of scrums).
- Expert knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP) as well as Agile at Scale methodologies (SAFe, LeSS)
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence tools
- Working knowledge of banking audit and regulatory practices; ensures that projects under their responsibility are fully compliant with corporate standards
- Strong communication skills – Able to propagate information promptly, clearly, and unambiguously
- Proactively identifies and drives large improvement initiatives
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate organizational design and change
- Demonstrates understanding of leadership motivation and builds followership within the organization
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence and persuasive ability in mentoring and conflict resolution
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor Scrum Masters and Product Owners
- Good at building relationships and navigating through organizations; Able to develop and foster collaborative teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Passionate about understanding people / teams in various stages of Agile environment Tirelessly advocates for the best possible solution
- Believes in a non-hierarchical culture of collaboration, transparency, and trust across the team
- Past developer experience is highly desired (preferably in agile setup)
- Specific experience with Jira, Confluence, Kanban and similar tools and methodologies. An ideal candidate will also have technical experience working with various technology stacks and coaching development teams. Experience with coding and integration
Certifications Preferred (not required)
- Certified Scrum Practitioner (CSP) or Certified Scrum Coach (CSC) is a plus
- Agile Coach Certification (ICP-ACC or other)