Alcentra,Vice-President Credit Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
Alcentra,Vice-President Credit Analyst
Alcentra is a global asset management firm owned by BNY Mellon and has become one of the leading sub-investment grade debt managers over the past 15-years, having spun out of Barclays Capital Asset Management in 2002. Headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston and a local presence in Singapore, the firm employs around 150 people of which approximately half are investment professionals, who work in a culture where integrity, high intellect, collaboration and the pursuit of excellence characterize the team. The investment track record dates back to 1998 with strategies that include senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, as well as structured credit. The firm manages approximately $37 billion of capital for global investors, including institutions, family offices and high net worth individuals.
Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.
The Vice-President Credit Analyst will sit within the Syndicated Loans team reporting to the Head of European Credit and will be responsible for assisting portfolio managers in assembling and reviewing financial information and other data on specific issuers and industries in the Leveraged Loan and High Yield markets. The role will entail monitoring existing investments, analysing new primary market transactions through the analysis of due diligence packages and utilising financial modelling skills to writing comprehensive credit papers, and making ongoing recommendations with different Portfolio Managers. The analyst will perform intensive fundamental credit analysis and formulate and effectively communicate investment recommendations that add value to client portfolios. Interacting with Private Equity firms and senior management teams at bank meetings and also as part of on-going monitoring process will form a regular feature of the role.
- Educated to degree and CFA level the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with a strong understanding of financial statements and accounting, attention to detail and strong excel modelling skills;
- Highly-motivated with previous credit experience in leverage finance, banking or credit research;
- Strong analytical, decision-making and communication skills (both written and oral) for presenting to Investment Committee and interacting with Portfolio Managers, sell-side professionals, Private Equity firms and executive management in borrowers;
- A good understanding of the High Yield market with a strong grasp of Relative Value analysis;
- Proven interpersonal skills with the confidence to work with a degree of autonomy and demonstrate initiative and a sense of personal accountability, but remain a team player and enjoy contributing in a cooperative and entrepreneurial environment; ability to work well in a small, collaborative team;
- The ability to work under pressure with robust and timely decision-making skills;
- Unimpeachable integrity and an uncompromised reputation.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51656
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1804161