Algo Software Engineer (C++/Python)
One of the world's top algorithmic trading firms, with data at the core of the investment process. This fully automated trading firm has a unique culture that is relaxed, but also exciting and technically stimulating, where you'll be working with some of the smartest engineers in the industry.
They are looking for driven, self-motivated programmers who thrive on constant interaction and discussion, and are happy to have multiple projects on the go at any one time. The firm is a Linux shop with a codebase written mostly in C++ and Python (though their interview process is language-agnostic and they encourage software generalists from every background to apply). You'll build tools and systems for the research team to visualize their strategies and to open up new areas/types of research, working on projects that have an impact right across the business.
If you care about the engineering process, such as automated testing, design/code reviews, technical training, etc. and less about the project management process, this role is for you! Requirements
Rewards and Incentives
- A superb programmer with solid CompSci fundamentals
- You must be familiar with a non-scripting language, e.g. C++ / Java / Python, etc.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment where everyone decides on the direction of their team
- Linux/Unix experience is an advantage
- A keen desire to figure out and solve open-ended problems, making things better for other people
- Bonus points for DevOps skills / mindset
- Market-leading salary + bonuses + generous benefits package
- Get stuck in to interesting technical problems, with plenty of variety
- Work closely with researchers on the tools used to develop trading strategies, see the impact of your work
- Join a growing team with leadership opportunities
If you think you are a strong candidate for the role and would like further info, please contact: Josh Williamson
+44 (0)20 3475 5021