Who we are looking for
State Street Alpha is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. State Street has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Investment Operations. State Street are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Alpha project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
The role is to provide support throughout the Alpha Outsourcing Project life cycle of the business and technical development processes from Service Definition and due diligence through to implementation. The role is a mixed Techno-functional role and Business Analyst, focused on Alpha solutions, with an understanding of Investment Management Applications or Functions, Business Processing, Modelling and Data Deliverables.
The role will be both internal and client-facing, with involvement from the prospective client sales pitches through to client implementation. The candidate will be expected to present current systems and processes and support the 'sell it right' process. Following a successful pitch the candidate will be deeply involved in the design of any agreed gaps to standard and specific requirements from the service definition sessions. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street AlphaSM.
State Street AlphaSM redefines the common definition of 'alpha' to mean powering better performance and outcomes at every point on the investment lifecycle and is the first open platform from a single provider that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Alpha Architecture Deal Lead you will: Role specifics
- Accountable for on-boarding clients onto the standard MO and Alpha Global Operating Model in accordance
- Provide analytical support in new client on-boarding lifecycle as it pertains to our BAU operating model.
- Support the sales process for prospective new clients, new products for existing clients by presenting current systems and processes and participate in the client facing service definition and due diligence discussions.
- Work with global partners to develop strategic solutions for the business function. Design solutions to improve quality of service as business grows.
- Review current system capabilities, identifying gaps and developing new capabilities to meet the growing requirements of our clients. This could include developing new solutions and/or integrating new technology where necessary.
- Manage a team of Senior Business Analysts and Business Analysts leading Alpha Architecture across multiple deals
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behaviour
- Develop effective working relationships and communications with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved. This includes: a) ensuring that appropriate management information is received, considered and challenged as appropriate at intervals proportionate to the risks; and b) that staff members have clear understanding of the escalation path/principles
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members' behaviour in performing their roles.
What we value:
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks as well as the ability to work as part of a team to embed a clear sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
- Build effective working relationships with key internal stakeholders including other business lines, corporate functions and external stakeholders, such as clients and consultants.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years in investment management / operations / business architecture roles.
- In depth understanding of investment management operational processes and the wider middle office business model. (State Street IMS experience an advantage)
- Understanding of data mapping between Investment systems
- Ability to organize, prioritize, balance key tasks, manage time effectively and Effective decision making skills
- Understanding of change management process
- Extensive knowledge of State Street's Enterprise platform including Alpha, Charles River, AlphaData Platform and RKS is desired (Internal Candidates only)
- Experience of managing virtual teams and operating within a client environment.
- Degree educated or equivalent business experience & qualifications
About State Street What we do.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative.
- Strong Excel, Word and Power Point skills preferred.
- Candidate must be self-assured and react well within critical deadline situations
- Requirement for business travel at short notice and flexible working hours: i.e. weekend working and extended hours on occasion, linked to client assignments and project deadlines.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers