State Street Alpha's Professional Services team is looking for experienced leaders to drive our Data Collection, Configuration and Conversion practice across the Alpha platform. We're looking for professionals with experience across front and middle office operating models, business analysis, data management and project management disciplines.
The Conversion Lead works directly with program leader and the client across the life span of the implementation in partnership with other workstream leads as needed. Key responsibility is to determine the optimal migration approach with the client ensure that approach is clearly documented and understood by both the client and internal stakeholders. The role is accountable for the execution of the agreed approach ensuring a plan is established to cover all components of the migration and ensuring all runbook activities are identified and executed. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Alpha Professional Services, launched in 2019. Alpha is the growth strategy for State Street and we're investing in and delivering on innovative next generation solutions.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like public cloud, microservices, snowflake and AI are what you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
What we value
- Determining the optimal migration approach in agreement with the client
- Act as the client's primary contact for the migration event
- Oversees the data conversion development lifecycle and methodology including requirements analysis, solution design, client acceptance, timeline creation, implementation, unit testing, deployment tools, and maintenance
- Ensures that all issues and risks are appropriately documented and have comprehensive remediation plans
- Leads all conversion events which includes some weekends and off hours
- Ensures the runbook includes all components of the migration event and oversees the execution of the runbook
- Manage a team across multiple geographical regions
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to effectively run meetings and collaborate across teams and functions
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work. Weekend work required.
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues and drive resolution.
- Leadership and effective management skills
About State Street What we do.
- 3-5 years of relevant Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Investment Management, Asset Management
- Experience in implementation of large client onboardings with complex architecture, multiple teams and functionalities.
- Experience in Migration of data into Front office and middle office systems.
- Experience working across teams using Jira and Confluence
- Exposure to Charles River or any other front office systems is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Access skills, as well as Microsoft Project or other project management software experience
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouses and Databases including SQL
- High Level knowledge or experience in Capital markets including Middle & Back Office, Securities, Bank Loans, IBOR / ABOR, Transaction Mgmt or system knowledge of Eagle, Eagle Star, PAM, Portia, WSO or other is expected.
- Experience owning initiatives / projects related to Middle & Back Office Client On boarding
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers