Alpha Professional Services, Implementation and Business Testing Asssitant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The State Street Alpha Professional Services team is looking for qualified individuals with a consultant mindset and strong experience in business testing, professional services, project management, data analysis, system flows and business architecture, in order to strategically build and oversee external and internal business testing programs for the industry's first ever front-to-back platform and service model. The successful candidate must have experience with software and platform testing; skilled in analyzing complex business models and flows across front, middle, and back office operating models in both an insourced and outsourced model; have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; understand global portfolio management, trading and compliance across asset classes along with the associated analytics; and have experience managing and overseeing global and virtual teams. Why this role is important to us
State Street Alpha brings together our clients' choice of real-time data and intelligence across the investment lifecycle to help them make better decisions and deliver growth for their clients. With built-in flexibility and scalability, Alpha lets clients manage any assets in any market and streamline their day-to-day processes - helping to facilitate innovation, better inform investment decisions, optimize returns and streamline business operations.
The Alpha Professional Services team in Boston, MA is looking for qualified individuals to fill key roles in implementing and testing the industry's first ever front-to-back client servicing platform. What you will be responsible for
What We Value
- This client facing role will be responsible for strategically designing, overseeing and executing external and internal user testing
- Lead creation and delivery of internal and client facing content such as proposals, playbooks, resource and governance models, cost and revenue models
- Navigate complex client relationships, build strong business relationships and manage expectations with client stakeholders
- Participate and drive various stages of the deal lifecycle (due diligence, solution design, integration and testing, implementation and operational readiness)
- Become a product and platform subject matter expert on State Street's front-to-back platform
- Support business development and sales efforts through consultative client engagement and proof of concepts as needed
- Provide regular status updates and supporting program management as directed
- Might require domestic and/or international travel
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Good understanding of business systems, and system development lifecycle methodologies to support projects through their life cycle, with the emphasis on the analysis stage.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, and collaborate across business and technical teams
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a focus on achieving outcomes
- Bachelor's degree or above. Minimum of 6 years of fintech experience across front office functionality along with middle (IBOR) and back office systems, services and data domains.
- Experience integrating with other industry software providers to promote platform interoperability (i.e. Bloomberg PORT, CRD, BRS Aladdin, SimCorp Dimension, Factset , Fidessa Minerva, Eze Software, etc.)
- Experience building and managing business, end-to-end and regression testing programs, strategies, libraries, etc.
- Client engagement and expectation management across project life cycle
- Prior knowledge of financial and statistical concepts including modern portfolio theory and asset pricing theory are helpful
- Strong interest in global capital markets and quantitative investments is preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills are a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, globally structured and team-based environment, as well as independently.
- Strong experience with MS Office (e.g. Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure a plus
- Experience in Agile Methodology and tools (i.e. JIRA, Rally, RTC) preferred
- Electronic trading platforms experience is useful but not essential
- Experience in portfolio management theory and application is useful but not essential