Alternative Product Development Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 19
A global asset manager based in the city are looking for an experienced product developer to assist with new product development and management around their alternatives range covering both liquid and illiquid alts. As it stands the role reports into the deputy head of product and is a hybrid of product strategy, development, and management.
- Lead the development and delivery of new funds in offshore jurisdictions working within the Product Development team, internal and external stakeholders and service providers, and take responsibility for driving new funds.
- Assist with the design of new funds and managed account solutions, including selection of the most appropriate corporate structures.
- Assist with the selection and appointment of prime brokers and other service providers, working with Fund Management and Operations as appropriate.
- Coordinate the drafting and approval of fund prospectuses and other documentation.
- Ensure appropriate agreements and facilities are put in place to support new funds.
- Ensure the fund board and all key stakeholders are kept fully informed on progress and issues arising.
- Take responsibility for implementing changes to existing products.
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and regulatory changes and assess the impact to the fund range.
- Lead relationship with third party administrators, legal counsel and Depositary on product related issues.
- Maintain up to date fund documentation – including prospectus, subscription agreements, IMAs and Articles.
- Liaison with fund boards and presenting to the boards.
- Assist with the preparation and organization of hedge fund board meetings and attend where appropriate.
- Maintain summary of offshore fund registrations and ensure regulatory obligations are met as a result of these permissions.
- Field queries and issues relating to the product proposition, its design and operating model.
- Coordinate reporting and the provision of technical support to the statutory fund boards as agreed.
- Maintain awareness of industry developments and regulatory changes and assess the impact on the AIF Fund range.
- Good working knowledge of fund structures, domiciles (particularly Cayman Islands) and pricing.
- Good working knowledge of CTFC, CTA arrangements.
- Able to instruct external legal counsel in US, Canada, UK and Switzerland, Luxembourg, Jersey, Singapore and other regions as necessary.
- Ability to make decisions on commercial basis.
- Demonstrable product development expertise across a range of asset classes and jurisdictions.
- Understanding of all key fund operational processes.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and compliance issues.