Alternatives Tax Compliance Associate
Description About this role Introduction
Due to the recent significant expansion in BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI), a new role is being created for a permanent hire in London to join the Alternatives Product Tax Team. This team currently comprises 26 staff in total and is headed up by a Managing Director based in New York. Role description
This is an in-house tax compliance role and is responsible for assisting in seeing to completion European Alternatives tax processes across multiple business groups and will report to a Vice President within the Alternatives Product Tax Team, who is based in New York. The role involves working with members of the global Alternatives Product Tax Team (based in the US, EMEA, and Asia Pac), key partners at BlackRock (such as Business Operations and Onboarding), and external tax service providers. Key responsibilities
Skills and experience - required
- Drive tax-related entity formation processes.
- Play key role in tax compliance requirements and filings across all relevant non-US jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with internal partners and external providers to ensure tax payments are made in a timely manner.
- Gain understanding of general VAT rules and requirements to lead compliance of VAT in Alternatives funds across business groups.
- Ensure robust backup and depository for paper filings.
- Oversee investor reporting regimes to lead tax compliance efforts and operations across relevant jurisdictions.
- Coordinate and prioritize tax notices and work through relevant tax issues and remediation.
- Ensure compliance and accuracy of tax forms, understand when refreshing is required and remediate when necessary.
- Manage statement of work and invoice submissions and process and review and ensure reasonableness of invoices.
- Help to build robust practices and efficiencies with respect to tax operational processes.
- Accounting degree, or Paralegal/Process-related experience in the investment management industry
- General knowledge of Alternatives tax concepts, requirements, and issues in relevant European jurisdictions
- Basic understanding of US and non-US tax classification concepts
The following would be of advantage, but are neither required nor expected of candidates:
- Project management experience
- Tax technology experience
- Tax operations experience
This is a role that involves coordination and collaboration with many internal and external partners. The ideal candidate:
Experience and qualifications
- has strong interpersonal skills and is able to work well in a global team environment and with multiple internal and external partners
- has strong attention to detail
- is highly organized and proactive
- is able to perform effectively in fast-paced environments.
- Professional tax qualification and working experience in an accountancy firm or in-house at a private equity, hedge fund or asset management company
- At least 4 years' experience working in Alternatives fund taxation
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.