Analyst – Financial Institutions Group (FIG)
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Lazard has a simple and powerful model, focused on two businesses: Financial Advisory and Asset Management. Lazard advise clients around the world on strategic and financial matters including mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, capital structure and capital raising. Lazard provides advisory clients with a quality of service we believe no other firm can match. Our client relationships are built on trust and discretion. We are deeply established in business centers around the world, with meaningful local relationships and insight. And as the world’s largest advisory-focused firm, we have exceptional depth of expertise across industry sectors and geographies.
The FIG Analyst assists senior bankers in the preparation of presentations and other materials. They perform financial analysis and assist in transaction activities. The individual is expected to maximise the opportunities to learn from and observe more experienced colleagues within the department.
- Research, analysis and evaluation of qualitative and quantitative data; financial and statistical analysis/modelling;
- Analyses and comprehends facts relating to clients and transactions;
- Prepares client presentations and assists in due diligence efforts;
- Creates robust deliverables in an efficient and timely manner;
- Conducts company and industry analysis on new transaction opportunities;
- Prepares marketing materials for clients and prospective clients. Assists with the execution of FIG transactions;
- Analyses and sensitise both internal and client-prepared financial models;
- Voices concerns constructively; offers solutions to problems; seeks guidance; follows up appropriately;
- Makes meaningful, proactive contributions to projects;
- Acts professionally and is accountable for actions;
- Understands and can explain the big picture;
- Contributes to firm wide initiatives (recruiting, training, professional development and other activities).
- Minimum 2.1 university degree classification (or equivalent if studied outside the UK);
- ACA qualified Chartered Accountant (with all first time passes);
- Knowledge of financial statements and valuation methodologies;
- Good understanding of the banking environment;
- A proven interest and strong understanding of FIG;
- Demonstrates strong technical, quantitative and analytical abilities, produces succinct materials;
- Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests;
- Ability to take initiative and maximise opportunities to learn from and observe more experienced colleagues;
- Strong team skills;
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills with colleagues at all levels;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, produces quality work with a high degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail;
- Delivers requested materials to senior bankers in a timely manner;
- Maintains high standards of professional and ethical conduct, adheres to legal and regulatory requirements of the banking environment and follows Lazard policies and procedures.
Opening date: Tuesday, 13th March 2018
Closing date: Wednesday, 11th April 2018