Analyst - ESG
Job Description ESG integration is a fast-growing trend in the fixed income market and an emerging and highly important area of focus at MIS. This is a very challenging, high profile opportunity to be part of a team working to rapidly develop market-leading, innovative research solutions. The successful candidate will play a critical role supporting the ESG team and project managers in building Moody's capabilities in this area within a compressed timeframe. Going forward, the candidate will, among other core responsibilities, assist group credit and analytical teams across Moody's in the integration of material ESG factors into MIS credit opinions, guide data and analytical team members in the completion of a suite of ESG assessments, and author issuer-focused and thematic research.
The role requires an experienced, highly motivated individual with deep and direct knowledge of environmental and climate issues, demonstrated research and writing ability and strong data and analytic abilities. Having an understanding of, and interest in, broader ESG and sustainability issues, would be an advantage for the position. Core responsibilities:
- Along With others in the ESG team, be responsible for the development and publication of ESG-related assessments and scores
- Collaborate with Moody's ratings teams in the assessment of individual issuers, integrating ESG considerations into credit ratings and published research
- Contribute to the development of data analysis systems and outputs using third-party data and research, public company filings and other public information as key inputs
- Collaborate with other internal teams including the broader Moody's family outside the ratings agency and Information Technology team members as needed
- Present at conferences, investor and internal senior management meetings
- Conduct and author thematic and issuer-specific research relevant to credit analysis
- Draft periodic update presentations to senior management that organize data and findings in a logical manner
- Proactively seek opportunities to integrate ESG issues and enhance organizational learning, to further the development of MIS's ESG capabilities
- Typically, a person in a similar position at Moody's will have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience related to ESG or climate analysis
- Detailed and extensive understanding of current trends in ESG and sustainable investing
- Previous experience with the application of energy, industry and climate datasets and scenarios to peer analysis required
- Previous experience in ESG integration into fixed income or equity analysis is a plus
- Background in high impact sectors, e.g. oil & gas, utilities, industrials, transport
- Bachelor's degree required and graduate/second level degree (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Background in process oriented/data heavy tasks preferred
- Articulate and effective communicator in both writing and presentation
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge of MS Excel a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.