Analyst - Principal Investments - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 17 Jan 19
The principal investments team of a top tier, global investment bank is currently seeking an analyst to work broadly across their PI team and get involved in new direct (follow-on) transactions as existing portfolio companies seek to expand operations through acquisitions.
Global Markets - Analyst - Principal Investments
Impact on the Business
• Assist with fund evaluation and monitoring activities of funds.
• Help in the development of company valuations and creating/analysing financial models.
• Prepare quarterly investment valuations and portfolio reviews.
• Conduct post-investment research relating to portfolio companies and funds.
• Draft submissions to the Business Approval Committee (BAC) as required.
• Provide transaction support on potential sales of existing portfolio companies and help in running the transaction processes.
• Assist with internal control requirements, including in respect of Operational Risk.
• Preparing of presentations when required.
• Attend meetings and presentations as required
Customers / Stakeholders
• Act as a resource for the global Principal Investments team.
• Undertake all required activities as directed by senior management in support of furthering Principal Investments activities.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Develop and foster team culture to support development and retention of Company trade business.
• Promote awareness and capabilities of Principal Investments within the bank.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Support the delivery of potential transactions and ad-hoc projects.
• Understand, and ensure compliance with, all relevant internal and external rules, regulations, and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the job holder is involved.
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned.
• Supporting the growth of the business
• Ensuring strong portfolio management across a diverse global portfolio of fund investments and direct investments.
• Ensuring that there is a focus on the key issues of the underlying business transactions under review.
• Ensuring that an efficient transaction process is maintained, including relevant engagement of internal stakeholders (e.g. BAC, Transaction Team) and external stakeholders (e.g. Management of companies or funds under review).
• Availability and flexibility to engage on ad-hoc projects.
• Proactive in developing and exploring exit opportunities.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
• At least 1 year Investment banking experience.
• Knowledge of Private Equity / Investment Banking / Corporate Finance.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
• Strong financial modelling, valuation and execution skills (DCF, LBO etc)
• Solid understanding of the financial markets and key trends.
• Knowledge, experience and keen interest in emerging markets.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional academic credentials.
• Good team player.
Key words: Principal Investments / Private Equity / Investment Analyst / DCF / LBO / Investment Banking Analyst / Principal Investments / Private Equity / Investment Analyst / DCF / LBO / Investment Banking Analyst / Principal Investments / Private Equity / Investment Analyst / DCF / LBO / Investment Banking Analyst /