We are MUFG. 360 years of heritage. A world-class set of businesses. And more than 180,000 employees in 50 markets. It’s no surprise that MUFG has grown to become one of the top five banks in the world. Our services include commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. MUFG offers stability in an ever-changing market, providing services to high-profile clients worldwide. Our vision? To become the world’s most trusted financial group. You’ll help us achieve it.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Brokerage function sits within the Markets & Securities Services pillar of Operations. The role is focused around Brokerage accounting, payments and relationship management.
In this role, the Brokerage specialist will be primarily responsible for owning the day to day processing as well as being the main point of contact for Brokerage items and queries from both an internal and external perspective.
The role supports MUFG’s Banking arm as well as the Securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the Bank and the Securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
The main roles and responsibilities of the department and this role are:
- Day to day processing of the Brokerage process – reconciling all invoices received against internal accrual accounts and arranging timely payment.
- Ownership of Brokerage accounts for both MUFG Securities and MUFG Bank covering Bonds & Repo, FX, Swaps, F&O and SBL products.
- Assisting in the creation and production of Brokerage MI.
- Taking ownership of any ad hoc queries from Brokers or Front Office.
- Work closely with Finance and Product Control to resolve any accounting discrepancies.
- Understand related process flows to be to be able to identify workflow and operational efficiencies.
- Reconciling and completing Monthly and Quarterly attestations on the Brokerage accounts.
- Adherence to global standards of information storage and dissemination
- Build relationships throughout MUFG to establish a peer network, gather relevant information and help to ensure effective inter-departmental collaboration.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Brokerage Role (or similar)
- Good understanding of Operations Front to Back
- Experience in an Operations role (e.g. Settlements, Collateral, Trade Support, Ops Project Management) would also be beneficial
- Previous experience within a top tier Broker-Dealer preferable but not essential
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Strong Microsoft skills with a focus on Excel (intermediate level and above)
- Excellent communication skills, written, oral and listening
Quick learner and able translate complex matters to all areas of the firm
- Ability to represent the firm with external counterparts
- Ability to liaise with business stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables at any one time
- Strong analytical skills
- A good understanding of Financial Markets in general
- A’Level equivalent or higher Qualification
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.