Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world’s leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 offices in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees, and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing. Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Operations Office for EMEA is providing Front Offices in London and other EMEA Branches with banking and securities operation services. It’s Regional Operations Planning and Control pillar supports management to have oversight of its business and its ability to execute strategy across EMEA Operations.
The Business Application Support team is located within this pillar under the IT Planning department.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORTS
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role is to lead in supporting various in-house and vendor provided applications across Operations, such as, but not limited to, OVS (in-house core banking system) and OPF (Open Payment Framework).
The role will provide an excellent service to MUFG users, through providing guidance on SEPA schemes and functional system support in relation to SEPA system OPF (Open Payment Framework) and usage of OVS, MUFG Bank's core banking system, and related systems. The role will be responsible for analysing and responding to business enquiries ensuring each request is analysed sufficiently to provide a clear and accurate response. The role also involves regular liaison with key stakeholders that requires the role to build effective relationships with EMEA Branches, Technology and other stakeholders such as Transaction Banking and Compliance. The role is also responsible for ensuring they are aware of market changes including the regular SEPA Scheme Rulebook updates.
As a member of the Business Application Support team, they will act as a key contact point, bringing together operations departments and other stakeholders (Front Office, Systems, Audit, Compliance, Finance etc.) in delivering changes in line with good practice, change & project management methodologies. The role requires a ‘client first’ solution driven approach to be taken.
- Ensure all enquiries are logged and responded to in a timely manner and track them through to completion; Ensure MI produced accurately and in a timely manner;
- Support a wide range of projects and change initiatives from scoping to closure;
- Understand SEPA Scheme Rulebooks (and provide guidance to users and stakeholders), local requirements and market regulations and operational procedures using OVS/OPF. Provide training and support to relevant Branches;
- Support Operations initiatives to enhance Operational services to our customers which are timely, accurate and appropriate.
- Take individual responsibility to ensure the change initiative / project is delivered on schedule, on budget and delivers the intended benefits;
- Ensure accurate, timely and regular reporting of the status, with clear documentation of the risks and issues and follow up any mitigation plans;
- Manage issues proactively within the team, providing regular status updates in a timely manner to ensure visibility of the overall progress;
- Clearly document workflows, ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ changes, in case of any change of related systems and operational procedures. Communicate and present these to stakeholders ensuring feedback is accurately reflected;
- Ensure accurate testing and business verification is performed ensuring any changes are well controlled and have appropriate governance, escalate clearly when necessary;
- Develop a good understanding of operational processes, key controls and risk & governance framework and where appropriate provide guidance and support to the management team.
- Extensive knowledge of SEPA & Payments;
- Experience in a Banking role involving regular customer contact (internal or external)
- Previous experience in an analytical role
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of clearing and settlement of payments;
- Operational product knowledge (i.e. Loans, Treasury, Trade Finance, etc)
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail. Ability to work independently.
- Competent use of the Microsoft office suite especially Excel (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup functions, dashboards)
- Able to confidently extract and manipulate data for analysis and management information.
- Broad understanding of the Banking sector.
- Problem solving, analysis and reporting skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both in person and in writing.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to produce high quality output and meet tight deadlines
Education / Qualifications:
- Relevant industry expertise
- Payment related systems experience such as GPP
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach.
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Curiosity; desire to question and understand.
PERFORMANCE AND DUTIES
The role holder will be assessed in accordance with their employing entity’s performance framework and process with relevant input obtained from the dual hatting entity as relevant.
As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and emended in consultation with the role holder. The role holder will carry out other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role as requested by their line manager or Department Head.
MANAGING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
- The role holder will have responsibilities for both MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will be required to perform their duties and responsibilities on an entity neutral basis, without favour.
- The role holder is required to follow regulatory requirements applicable to ensure each business is appropriately supported and to maintain the legal entity integrity of each of MUFG Bank and MUS.
- Working terms are dictated by functional mandates, the terms of the Dual-Hat Arrangement Agreement in place between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc and any other relevant agreements entered into between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc.
- The role holder will have responsibility for identifying and resolving where there may be a difference or conflict in needs between MUFG Bank and MUFG Securities EMEA plc, escalating to their manager where required.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.