Analyst Developer - C#, Python, R
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 16 May 18 2018-05-16
An exciting opportunity for an Analyst Developer with experience of C#, Python, and R is available at Schroders based in the City of London.
Analyst Developer - C#, Python, R
City of London
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £447 billion* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
*as at 30 June 2017
A newly formed architecture delivery team is being created within the wider Investment Engineering domain. The team will be responsible for designing and developing a first class platform to assist developers from across Schroders in creating solutions for real business problems.
We require a technologist with a deep understanding of multiple programming languages and architectural patterns to join a newly formed delivery team. We use the right tool for the job so although you will be expected to understand more traditional languages, you will also be expected to understand tools predominantly used within the financial business domain.
Although the role will be largely development focussed the candidate would be expected to learn or have an understanding of asset management and financial markets. Due to the services the team offers you will be expected to possess exemplary interpersonal skills that enable you to seamlessly work with a wide number of different teams.
- Be proficient in a range of languages, C#, Python and R.
- Be proficient in both structured and unstructured databases.
- Design and architect a platform making it easy for teams to adopt.
- Promote and drive forward the use of the platform across the organisation.
- Reduce the learning curve for new teams wishing to adopt one of the platform components.
- Promote an agile way of working where possible and look to streamline processes for efficiency.
- Liaise closely with business development, IT and infrastructure teams to seek improvements to the platform.
General and Technical Skills:
- Confident and professional individual to work with likeminded colleagues.
- Personable character to aid team cohesion.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation.
- Consultative approach coupled with a "can-do" attitude.
- Team player building strong relationships with team and business clients.
- Good knowledge of the latest data storage and system integration strategies. A good working knowledge of Docker would also be desirable.
- Ability to learn and adapt technology to suit an ever changing business.
- Possess strong design principles, that are maintained under pressure.
- Be a central knowledge of technical competency for teams to seek guidance.
- Strong development and architectural principles covering the full SDLC.
- Good knowledge of capital market products (Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives) would be beneficial.
- A forward looking view towards technology and how it can improve processes, reduce costs and create efficiencies towards the business.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.