Working within the Reg, Risk and Finance IT team focusing on both 'run the bank' and 'change' (RtB in Reg Risk & Finance is more focused around regulatory changes rather than just support) IT system activity. The candidate will be involved in any day to day Regulatory Reporting systems issues, or changes, and re-engineering the legacy systems.
We are looking for a junior developer to join our Control Reg, Risk and Finance IT team, based at our London offices. The role falls within the EDM, Reg, Risk and Finance Run-The-Bank (RTB) team, reporting into the RTB Technical Lead.
We manage and develop in excess of 15 systems, reporting to the Bank Of England, EBA, PRA, HMRC and to ICBC head office in China. Our systems also monitor Risk (Modelled and Non), Liquidity positions, Large Exposures and any Regulatory breaches.
Working within the Reg, Risk and Finance IT team focusing on both 'run the bank' and 'change' (RtB in Reg Risk & Finance is more focused around regulatory changes rather than just support) IT system activity. The candidate will be involved in any day to day Regulatory Reporting systems issues, or changes, and re-engineering the legacy systems. This will involve working in close partnership with the Regulatory, Finance and Liquidity business units and other IT support teams to specify, prioritise and test any enhancements.
In addition, the candidate will be involved in a number of 'change the bank' projects. These are key strategic initiatives sponsored in other areas of the bank that impact reporting. Responsibilities include understanding the scope of the project, determining how it will impact existing systems; specifying requirements back to the project team and then leading UAT.
Immediate objectives/ deliverables:
- Assessment of criticality of each component of the infrastructure, ensuring first line support is bedded down within IT
- Completeness check of data feeds to systems and helping add new ones in SQL Server.
- Ensuring the systems are available to end users and working correctly.
- Ensuring that all overnight upstream data loads have been received and loaded/processed without error.
- Answering first and second line support queries from users.
- Implementing system fixes and short-term system developments/enhancements (typically < 2 months' work).
The role can involve out of hours support. This takes the form of being on-call for a week at a time. Currently, this is shared on a rota roughly once every 6 weeks. There is also a requirement to check the overnight batch each morning and provide status update back into the central Service Delivery team as well as business. This is also on a weekly rota basis.
The RTB team works closely with other technology teams throughout the bank. In particular, with the central Computer Operator team who own the bank's overnight batch processing. In addition, we engage the RTB teams of upstream systems as required to solve problems with data feeds. It is therefore imperative to build and maintain good relationships and ensure any overnight problems are handled as efficiently as possible.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Provide support for the bank's Regulatory, Risk and Finance systems. The candidate will be expected to:
- Investigate and resolve overnight batch issues.
- Ensure all data is available (by agreed SLAs) for the business to use on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintaining complex SQL stored procedures for batch processing and reporting.
- Support stable and mature C# applications and ASP.NET.
- Develop systems to meet evolving business and regulatory requirements
- Perform ad-hoc investigations/reporting on behalf of the business
- Monitor system resources and planning for growth to avoid predictable system failures
- Innovate: introduce improved processes and automation for regression testing, releases, maintenance tasks, etc.
- Identify and communicate issues and risks to users and to IT management as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Manage issues and incidents through to closure.
- Respond to user demands, prioritising problems/requests/solutions and managing customer expectations.
- Providing analysis and design of new tactical and strategic solutions
- Follow development standards and best practices
- Continue to gain knowledge around: the Bank's systems; business processes; data flows; industry regulation; etc.
- Be willing to learn and share new technologies and systems
Experience required to successfully perform the role:
- Software development and support.
- Business analysis.
- Supporting a system.
- Providing solutions to users.
- Establishing a good working relationship with other IT teams.
- Problem solving.
Knowledge, technical skills and expertise
- Software development in a Microsoft environment.
- Good understanding of C# and Java
- SQL / Relational Database.
- Writing/maintaining complex stored procedures.
- Microsoft office applications.
- General IT skills/understanding outside the Microsoft environment.
- Global mind-set.
- Client focused.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity
The role would suit someone who is:
- Able to navigate complexity whilst appreciating simplicity.
- Can work in ambiguity.